Switch Element V6

General Discussions
SimonP
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:17 am
Location: Rotorua, New Zealand

Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:40 pm

I am getting more used to the 7m each time I use it. I took it out yesterday when I could have been on the 5m, and found that I was keeping the kite higher and more depowered.
It is interesting though how a one strut kite seems to be "softer" when a gust hits, i.e. it seems to absorb some of the gust. That can be handy, especially in the middle of a transition. Not so handy though if you need that gust to get going.
I am also loving the responsiveness of small kites, you can put them where they need to be much quicker than something bigger.
Bill C
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:37 pm

Sun May 05, 2019 2:03 pm

I need a new 12m kite. I've owned Switch kites for several years and anything smaller that 12m, I prefer Nitros and Elements as my kites of choice compared to any manufacturer. I've owned various brands, but prefer Switch for performance and durability.

That said, I also own a 12m Nitro5 that's fun to fly as long as wind speed is in the upper half of its range. Just too heavy and slow in the lower half. I want an 'all rounder' as a replacement.

Has anyone with experience, used the 12m Naish Pivot and the Element 6? I am not interested in the Helium because I am just too rough with my gear for some reason.

Weight comparison? Weight is a big factor for me because I travel and my 12m Nitro weighs so freaking much, I leave it at home and take a different brand 12m plus the low-end performance sucks. I cannot find any weight charts for either kite.

Low end performance?

Thanks!
Faxie
Posts: 723
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:38 pm

Sun May 05, 2019 2:10 pm

Bill C wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:03 pm
I need a new 12m kite. I've owned Switch kites for several years and anything smaller that 12m, I prefer Nitros and Elements as my kites of choice compared to any manufacturer. I've owned various brands, but prefer Switch for performance and durability.

That said, I also own a 12m Nitro5 that's fun to fly as long as wind speed is in the upper half of its range. Just too heavy and slow in the lower half. I want an 'all rounder' as a replacement.

Has anyone with experience, used the 12m Naish Pivot and the Element 6? I am not interested in the Helium because I am just too rough with my gear for some reason.

Weight comparison? Weight is a big factor for me because I travel and my 12m Nitro weighs so freaking much, I leave it at home and take a different brand 12m plus the low-end performance sucks. I cannot find any weight charts for either kite.

Low end performance?

Thanks!
Element and Nitro5 weigh almost the same. Pivot is 3-strut, so probably lighter.
Bill C
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:37 pm

Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:14 am

I wound up buying a new 12m Element. Glad I did. I tried not to like it with all the pulleys, but that thing works very well for an all-round kite. Construction quality is excellent and price is easy on my wallet. Switch has upped their game with this kite.
Bill C
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:37 pm

Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:01 pm

I see there is a 'run out sale' for the Element 6. Must mean there is a new model coming?
Faxie
Posts: 723
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:38 pm

Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:13 pm

Bill C wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:01 pm
I see there is a 'run out sale' for the Element 6. Must mean there is a new model coming?
Yes
Bill C
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:37 pm

Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:53 pm

Three strut. Aluula canopy. Two pulleys.
GWS
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:14 am

Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:58 am

Guessing it might be this. It looks a bit Helium like to me. I'm guessing Helium structure, Element weight and robustness. No pulleys.

https://www.facebook.com/SwitchKites/ph ... =3&theater

Image
Gautiou
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 3:17 pm

Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:26 am

GWS wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:58 am
Guessing it might be this. It looks a bit Helium like to me. I'm guessing Helium structure, Element weight and robustness. No pulleys.

https://www.facebook.com/SwitchKites/ph ... =3&theater

Image
I think it's the Helium. I don't like dark colors like this black kite.
Post Reply