Is controller 4 in development?

General Discussions
SwitchGreg
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:24 am

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:33 am

You can make your own for a couple of dollars. 3mm Dyneema is AUD$2.60 a metre.

If Switch don't supply them now then I am sure they will make them available in the future (paying attention Switch?)

BTW I have some old bars that I am looking forward to refurbishing when Switch make the spare parts available.

You can buy them for $20 here https://www.kitepower.com.au/collection ... 9900466372
Last edited by SwitchGreg on Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
topmick
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:04 am
Location: Australia

Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:06 pm

Agreed, easy to make your own pig tails - made mine out of 4mm dyneema but 3mm is heaps.

If you don't want to or dont have the time to make your own, I guess you could get a set from switch for the Controller 3.

I still can't believe there's no way to trim the new bar. :roll:
barrywind
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:18 pm

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:21 pm

Kitepower link broken. Try this link and search for "pigtails".
https://www.kiteboarding.com/search.asp

SwitchGreg wrote:..You can buy them for $20 here https://www.kitepower.com.au/collection ... 9900466372
Thankfully I've only got one Switch kite in my quiver, a 15.5m Helium2. Send a PM if you want to buy it.
My Referral code = Sorry, No Longer a Pimp for Switch :(
-Barry
topmick
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:04 am
Location: Australia

Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:59 am

I think we have discussed this possible issue enough & it would be nice if switchdesign would chime in right about now.

I'm sure they have it sorted.
Switch Design
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:31 pm

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:14 pm

Hello Topmick
Here is the response from Switch HQ.
"We have no rear line adjustment. the new bars have a 70% improvement in stretch properties over the old bar. But, our customers expect to see a rear line adjustment system so we are implementing one utilizing the rear pigtails right now on all new bars manufactured and sending out a new pigtail kit to all affected customers."

There will be an announcement when the kits are ready to ship.
Cheers!
Faxie
Posts: 714
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:38 pm

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:01 pm

Cool!

So that means u guys are using a new type Teufelberger line now? FL10, 14, 27, 35? If I'm not mistaken, the V3 has FL10 and 14 right? SK99 Lines now? Or maybe the FL32 DM20 lines?
kite*hawk
Posts: 623
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:17 pm
Location: Wilmington NC

Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:01 am

Or tie one more knot on your kite pig tail all the way out to make 4 knots. Been doing this for years. or adjust front or back lines with homemade pigtails. All a part of being a self sufficient kitesurfer who knows how to tune their new bar or after a rebuild.
topmick
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:04 am
Location: Australia

Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:22 am

kite*hawk wrote:Or tie one more knot on your kite pig tail all the way out to make 4 knots. Been doing this for years. or adjust front or back lines with homemade pigtails. All a part of being a self sufficient kitesurfer who knows how to tune their new bar or after a rebuild.
I agree with you to a certain extent but Switch also sell these bars to newbies that should not have to modify their new control bar.
kite*hawk
Posts: 623
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:17 pm
Location: Wilmington NC

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:31 pm

Of course that's the issue but with proper lessons from a good instructor a kite surfer should be taught to be self sufficient. Including how to set up, maintain,repair and tune their gear. Alot of newbies are skipping proper lessons which is un safe and leaving them uneducated. I am happy to see Switch sending out pigtails with the bars now.
Faxie
Posts: 714
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:38 pm

Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:46 pm

kite*hawk wrote:Of course that's the issue but with proper lessons from a good instructor a kite surfer should be taught to be self sufficient. Including how to set up, maintain,repair and tune their gear. Alot of newbies are skipping proper lessons which is un safe and leaving them uneducated. I am happy to see Switch sending out pigtails with the bars now.
Proper lessons, self sufficient? :roll: Not in this world unfortunately enough.... :mrgreen:
Post Reply