Again a tax focusing person,Windmaster wrote: ↑Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:13 amWhat a bunch of whingers... I have had much, much worse from a couple of different kite brands but it would take more than anything I have seen here to write one off completely... No one brand/shop is ever going to keep everyone happy all of the time. On the whole Switch has been pretty good to me. I have had to go through both the '30 day return' and AND the new pay your own tax process. The return of the new kite wasn't quite pain free but I am thankful that I am not left with a brand new but used kite that did not suit me. It cost me a bit of time and money but in the end I still have all of my kites but one Switch and I will still look at them for my next purchase. Shipping this stuff around the world is not cheap and if you want to run on low margins then I can't see how they can do it any different. The tax issue seems to be a no brainier - anyone who lives in a country that charges import tax who purchases off the internet these days simply expects it. Stop whining.
your telling me you would accept the following
1. Your telling me you would accept a 5 month turnaround on a kite order and return. Switch who wont pay tax themselves and the returned item is still stuck in NZ customs 5 months later!
2. no refund for items you didnt want in the first place but get charged for (poncho).
3. Mess up of tax charges and paperwork for new orders meaning you have to do without money by paying double the tax for items for a month!
4. no help from switch in any of these circumstances or communication how to sort it.
5. Overpaying on the goods you ordered either through currency conversion. double tax, shipping costs
6. Holding your money ransom and refusing to refund because they dont want to pay the customs duty in their own country
Its cute how you have updated the forum so other stuff pins to the top