Why you shouldn't buy a switch kite anymore

General Discussions
Faxie

Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:16 pm

jakoblondal wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:09 pm
Regarding tax:

I live in Denmark, we are one of the highest taxed countries, in the world, on everything!
(We do get a lot for free the other way with the high tax)

I check the window, where I am aware of I must pay tax, when I order, I declare the price on the item when ordering and that way I can calculate on my country's tax page, what my bill would be. EASY!

Example here in Denmark, our POST OFFICE charge 20£ just for handling the tax, in administrations fee... + whatever the official Tax/Vat office requires.

I live in a country that charges me from buying stuff outside of EU (Thanks EU).

This is and can never be Switchs problem where I live.. Switch can't calculate where every buyer lives.
Yes they can. They did since the beginning.
jakoblondal

Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:37 pm

If you read what they say.
This is waaaay to expensive.. Before, when they did it, Switch was the only company , I know, who had this service, when buying online from outside of EU.
Faxie

Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:19 pm

Yet somehow the kites costed less, with inhouse development and more employees. I don't know what's up with the current 'sale', but without that sale, the prices are up there with regular shop prices. Not really sure where the advantage is now...
ZTee

Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:31 pm

Wow thanks for sharing your experience, Paul. What you’ve gone through sounds pretty darn awful and unnecessary!

I was considering buying myself the krypto 8m as recommended by some friends and was happy to go for it after reading some reviews but as I might also be interested in the nitro paired with the fact that the 30 day return entails potentially a lot of hassle, stress and time, not so sure.

With regards to your second kite order, they do say on the website ‘’Customs fees and import duties may apply. Please check with your local authorities’’ under their shipping policies which is fair enough. Acknowledgment box for customs is a good addition too from what I’ve seen, but I guess this was put in place after your purchase? Rough estimates of these charges could be provided too so you have a better idea of what additional cost to online kite prices would be before committing to buying. How much is it going to cost you? To be honest, it was good of you to give them a second chance in buying another kite as most people would have been put off.

Mistakes happen, that’s life and aren’t an issue if they’re dealt with professionally. At least Switch admitted it was their error providing you the wrong address to NZ in the first place in line with their policy ‘’You need to pay costs associated with getting the returned item to the address Switch specifies.’’
But good customer service and basic decency would certainly not mean putting you out financially of such a large amount for 4 months – shocking. Particularly as ‘’Refunds on returned items will take up to 30 days to process after receipt of the goods’’. Although they didn’t receive the goods because they sent you the wrong address, that isn’t your fault and shouldn’t be for you to take a financial hit. Especially if you upheld your end of the bargain by insuring it with tracking service as Switch state in their policy. Which I assume you did if you paid £90?

Although Switch kites seem reasonably priced and good value for money, it’s still a lot of money for myself and I couldn’t afford to be put out by a refund that takes 4 months and a lot of hassle if I needed it! Would only consider buying a kite now if I was dead cert that I wouldn’t need to return it. If and when you do get the Krypto, I’d appreciate it if you could let me know your thoughts on it’s performance. Hope you get your new kite soon and may the wind be with you.
felix

Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:28 am

Hi Zee tee.
Just to clarify a little more.
As you can see in the rules and guide lines of the 30 day back guarantee.-
- Customer will be refunded when the kite has arrived at return destination and inspected.
In this case Switch did not receive the kite. Due to customs issues.
It was not a wrong address that was supplied it was the value declared by the customer making it super high and being flagged . The customs office never notified any one till 2 months down the road then correct paper work never got filled.
This is why it took so long . In the end Switch never received the kite but still Refunded the customer out of good will and offered a 15% discount of his next purchase.
Customers was completely happy with the out come and went on to purchase another kite.
This is well documented in our system.

Taxes
Unfortunately Paul must have not taken notice of what he had ticked before proceeding to check out.
Received a customs bill and the rest is history .

Attached are a few off the rules and regulations for the 100% guarantee.
If followed and understood there should be no issue.
Regards
Felix
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 8.35.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 8.35.11 PM.png (191.67 KiB) Viewed 689 times
djbear33k

Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:25 am

Faxie wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:19 pm
Yet somehow the kites costed less, with inhouse development and more employees. I don't know what's up with the current 'sale', but without that sale, the prices are up there with regular shop prices. Not really sure where the advantage is now...
Totally Agree Faxie
ZTee

Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:58 am

felix wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:28 am
Hi Zee tee.
Just to clarify a little more.
As you can see in the rules and guide lines of the 30 day back guarantee.-
- Customer will be refunded when the kite has arrived at return destination and inspected.
In this case Switch did not receive the kite. Due to customs issues.
It was not a wrong address that was supplied it was the value declared by the customer making it super high and being flagged . The customs office never notified any one till 2 months down the road then correct paper work never got filled.
This is why it took so long . In the end Switch never received the kite but still Refunded the customer out of good will and offered a 15% discount of his next purchase.
Customers was completely happy with the out come and went on to purchase another kite.
This is well documented in our system.

Taxes
Unfortunately Paul must have not taken notice of what he had ticked before proceeding to check out.
Received a customs bill and the rest is history .

Attached are a few off the rules and regulations for the 100% guarantee.
If followed and understood there should be no issue.
Regards
Felix
Hi Felix,

Thanks for your message.

It still seems unclear to me though why Switch would ask a customer to send a kite back to NZ when it states on the delivery/shipping section that kites come from Hong Kong warehouse? I was merely going by what was said in djbear33kk that Switch admitted fault for incorrect delivery.
And surely there should have been some guidance as to customs declaration to not declare a super high value? It would seem that djbear33k simply and honestly filled out shipping paper work, maybe a little too honestly is what you're implying?

I any case, sounds like all is mostly resolved which is the main thing.

Best, ZTee
felix

Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:20 pm

Hi . Ztee.

Yes it was resolved a long time ago but once the customer got his tax bill it re ignited his inner feelings .
We at Switch document these conversations so we have to have records of what truly transpired and this is also why we set rules and regulations.

Bottom line is read all rules and regulations and contact us if you have any additional questions.

If you look at our rules again which I have attached from the site so people don't get the wrong idea.

-You need to pay costs associated with getting the returned items to the address Switch specifies

This I think is really clear and we specified the N.Z address . This was no mistake.

This kite was basically past its 30 days so it needed to be inspected closely this the reason it went to N.Z as Hong is just a warehouse for us. They have no idea what to look for they are just a logistical company.

2nd
Customer is responsible for correct shipping documentation and we will not be responsible for delays.

Like I said if the rules and regulations are followed everything runs very smoothly .
It always has for the last 8 years.

Thinks do happen Switch did step up by still refunding the customer even though they never received the kite and over a more fair compensation of 15% of his order.

Regards
Felix.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 7.03.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 7.03.50 AM.png (106.15 KiB) Viewed 680 times
djbear33k

Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:21 am

felix wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:20 pm
Hi . Ztee.

Yes it was resolved a long time ago but once the customer got his tax bill it re ignited his inner feelings .
We at Switch document these conversations so we have to have records of what truly transpired and this is also why we set rules and regulations.

Bottom line is read all rules and regulations and contact us if you have any additional questions.

If you look at our rules again which I have attached from the site so people don't get the wrong idea.

-You need to pay costs associated with getting the returned items to the address Switch specifies

This I think is really clear and we specified the N.Z address . This was no mistake.

This kite was basically past its 30 days so it needed to be inspected closely this the reason it went to N.Z as Hong is just a warehouse for us. They have no idea what to look for they are just a logistical company.

2nd
Customer is responsible for correct shipping documentation and we will not be responsible for delays.

Like I said if the rules and regulations are followed everything runs very smoothly .
It always has for the last 8 years.

Thinks do happen Switch did step up by still refunding the customer even though they never received the kite and over a more fair compensation of 15% of his order.

Regards
Felix.

To be honest Felix i find this pathetic but then this is the switch way worst customer service ever your not interested in helping me out or reaching an amicable solution. Yes i will admit that did re ignite my feelings but you as a company have failed me so much for such a long time this is just the icing on the cake and it gets worse.

I called the customs office today and i am to pay wait for it drum roll

£146.99 for one package

and

£161.99 for the other!!

Over £300 more than what is stated on the website

As you divided the packages up there is more charge this is not what customers are aware of!!! how is this ok? I worked out it should be £160 approx total not £300

All i ordered was a kite + bar + 5th line

How are switch kites cheap anymore? Seriously don't buy a switch kite it is the worst decision to your wallet you will ever make and you will have to wait a long time to get the kite. Too much stress and heart ache i am battling to get this kite shipped to me now and switch have this nothing to do with us attitude its in our terms and conditions you sort it out. Just because you set your company up a certain way doesn't mean its right thinking customers should be prepared to just take it. The sting of this purchase is hard to take, but i have no choice.

The final insult would be the kite is ruined in shipping or you sent me the wrong kite. I couldn't write the level of ridiculousness of this process and all i did was buy a kite i haven't even flown the damn thing (it better be amazing).

The saga continues going from OCTOBER! 2018 to MARCH 2019.
Leewilco

Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:39 am

Hi guys, just going to ask a very simple question.

How much can I expect to pay for a 12m nitro 7 with bar delivered to the UK. A delivered price, not a consult your tax department to find out the additional charges. I’m too lazy 😂