Nitro 7?

General Discussions
Gautiou

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:38 pm

In the characteristics it seems that the Nitro 7 is worse in freeride than the previous Nitro 6.

I have an Element 6 in 12m that I love. I would like to take the Nitro 7 but I don't know which size is the best for my quiver. 8 or 9m?

Thank you
Faxie

Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:37 pm

Gautiou wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:38 pm
In the characteristics it seems that the Nitro 7 is worse in freeride than the previous Nitro 6.

I have an Element 6 in 12m that I love. I would like to take the Nitro 7 but I don't know which size is the best for my quiver. 8 or 9m?

Thank you
Those characteristics are a guide, not a fact. And based on the complete range to position a given kite in that range. Every brand does that.

You should be fine with a 9. I don't think the high and lowend will differ that much between the models.
dtmt

Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:33 pm

No one has tried 1 yet? O well. I tried direct inquiry to Switch which was replied to but only...."You'll love it!" It'll be perfect for you! "

I had asked questions about it's bottom end performance & weight as compared to N6

Got an Ozone Edge
Faxie

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:58 pm

dtmt wrote:
No one has tried 1 yet? O well. I tried direct inquiry to Switch which was replied to but only...."You'll love it!" It'll be perfect for you! "

I had asked questions about it's bottom end performance & weight as compared to N6

Got an Ozone Edge
Probably similar.
dtmt

Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:02 pm

Faxie wrote:
dtmt wrote:

Got an Ozone Edge
Probably similar.
Probably, but the edge has been around a long time & performance is known. My experience w/N-5 & N-4 was mediocre at best so I wanted to make sure I was getting the leap in performance I was shooting for. Especially flight characteristics in lower 1/3rd of its range - for size. The canned responses I got from Switch weren't inspiring & the edge I got was priced right
Faxie

Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:48 pm

dtmt wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:02 pm
Faxie wrote:
dtmt wrote:

Got an Ozone Edge
Probably similar.
Probably, but the edge has been around a long time & performance is known. My experience w/N-5 & N-4 was mediocre at best so I wanted to make sure I was getting the leap in performance I was shooting for. Especially flight characteristics in lower 1/3rd of its range - for size. The canned responses I got from Switch weren't inspiring & the edge I got was priced right
Funny... I rode a EdgeV9 10m back to back with my Legacy 10m, and wasn't that convinced about the Edge. Jumped easier and looped less extreme, but the rest felt pretty much the same tbh. But that was well powered. I don't care about lowend that much.

Just watch out for those bridle wraps... seen too many Edges with wraps for it to be a coincidence.
dtmt

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:29 pm

Will only be used in snow so bridal wraps shouldn't be as big of a deal as on water.

Sadly, what Switch started out to be seems to be fading or diminishing. Used to get a lot of feedback from Felix & of course Bill(I know he's no longer there) - especially when a new kite launched. Seems there's an odd silence coming from Felix, Marc or anyone at Switch any more. I've been supportive of the brand & numerous models in a large part due to the personal attention key people seemed to pay to rider feedback & support after the sale. Not sure what's happening.....if there's burnout or what exactly but I hope they recapture the stoke & enthusiasm that grew them.
Faxie

Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:32 am

dtmt wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:29 pm
Will only be used in snow so bridal wraps shouldn't be as big of a deal as on water.

Sadly, what Switch started out to be seems to be fading or diminishing. Used to get a lot of feedback from Felix & of course Bill(I know he's no longer there) - especially when a new kite launched. Seems there's an odd silence coming from Felix, Marc or anyone at Switch any more. I've been supportive of the brand & numerous models in a large part due to the personal attention key people seemed to pay to rider feedback & support after the sale. Not sure what's happening.....if there's burnout or what exactly but I hope they recapture the stoke & enthusiasm that grew them.
I feel the same...
felix

Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:58 am

DTMT.
Have not lost the stoke more amped then ever especially with our new line up.
The new nitro is a true weapon.
Just sitting back and reading some of the amusing posts from people that have not even flown the kite again. This type of stuff does burn you out.
Not sure how people can judge a kite by just looking at it. With all my years of testing and flying it would be wrong of me to judge a book by its cover.

Bummer you went with an ozone edge but hope it serves you well.

To clarify a few nitro points.
New nitro7 does have much better top end than the old nitro and has retained the low end.
Jumping is no contest way better.
Top end stability - excellent

Maybe one day you will be able to try one .
I know a lot of people are super stoked on their new purchase.

There are now a few reviews filtering in on the Nitro7 page.
If you ever have any kite related questions or any one out there in the same boat .
You can also reach me at felix@switchkites.com
More than happy to go into detail any time.
Happy days.
Felix.
Faxie

Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:05 pm

It burns people out that Switch has become an untransparant company...