Krypto is here with MJ.

General Discussions
felix

Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:56 am

Donniehall14

Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:39 am

Are we going to hear anymore reviews on the Krypto? It's been silent lately. Not sure if that's because of the time of year. I'm not in a big hurry as I'm looking to purchase in the spring, but it curious.
marcjacobskite

Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:25 pm

Here is an unboxed review on the krypto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6pmg7lSY3Y

Donniehall14 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:39 am
Are we going to hear anymore reviews on the Krypto? It's been silent lately. Not sure if that's because of the time of year. I'm not in a big hurry as I'm looking to purchase in the spring, but it curious.
Donniehall14

Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:56 am

Hopefully he gets some wind and does an actual review. As I said it's winter here so I'm not in that much of a hurry. I'm looking to replace my 2014 Best TS in the spring and can't decide what to get. I have a 12m Nitro6 but don't like it as much as my TS. It jumps better than my old Takoon Reflex but I can't land my tricks as easily. As you can tell I'm all over the place on kites. Finally have enough to at least buy some new kites.
marcjacobskite

Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:31 am

Yeah, we have only just started pushing the Krypto properly last week with those new videos. We ran out of the first stock fairly quick. So there were a few weeks wait for restocking in all sizes. There should be more reviews coming out soon once they all get a good few sessions on them.

But if your unsure on what model you want to get, maybe I can help you.
What do you most want to push, just big air only? or mega-loops or unhook riding as well? let me know.

Thanks,

MJ

Donniehall14 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:56 am
Hopefully he gets some wind and does an actual review. As I said it's winter here so I'm not in that much of a hurry. I'm looking to replace my 2014 Best TS in the spring and can't decide what to get. I have a 12m Nitro6 but don't like it as much as my TS. It jumps better than my old Takoon Reflex but I can't land my tricks as easily. As you can tell I'm all over the place on kites. Finally have enough to at least buy some new kites.
Donniehall14

Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:12 pm

I love big air and do most of my tricks hooked (popping more than sending). Would like to start doing megaloops and unhooked tricks but not sole focus. Mainly flat water where I am and the ocean sessions we get the waves aren't great for surfing. I don't go out if it's not enough for a 12m.

Thanks
marcjacobskite

Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:13 am

If you felt like the Nitro6 was slightly too hard to land your tricks. I feel the Element6 would be the better choice for you. I find the Element6 super floaty for soft smooth landings out of all Our Models. That's the kite I would recommend for you.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,

Mj

Donniehall14 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:12 pm
I love big air and do most of my tricks hooked (popping more than sending). Would like to start doing megaloops and unhooked tricks but not sole focus. Mainly flat water where I am and the ocean sessions we get the waves aren't great for surfing. I don't go out if it's not enough for a 12m.

Thanks
Swedish Martin

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:01 am

What's it like looping the Krypto? Gentle or powerful?

As benchmarks let's use my experience and impressions with previous Switch kites.

Element V2 on direct drive setting (7/11/15m): Pretty harmless, not very powerful. Good for practising.

Nitro V5: Full on (10m). Very powerful. Slow with big turning radius.

I'm a looping rookie. Would love to get more into it but it's pretty scary stuff with my Nitro 10m.
Gibraltar | Referral code: 195888 | http://www.globalkitespots.com
Yeroglyf

Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:42 pm

marcjacobskite wrote:
If you felt like the Nitro6 was slightly too hard to land your tricks. I feel the Element6 would be the better choice for you. I find the Element6 super floaty for soft smooth landings out of all Our Models. That's the kite I would recommend for you.

Cheers,

Mj

Hi Marc

I'm a lot into big air when wind is over 20kt

but when it's only a breeze, I only do unhooked tricks (sending the kite ain't no fun in light wind, to me)

I'm considering the nitro in small size to replace naish torch (hate the 7, love the 9, 12 is good to unhook) and keeping my 12 C kite for unhooked tricks

But maybe a quiver of krypto would do both well ?
Don't know the legacy but I really enjoyed riding the combat2 few years ago (made me think about riding the razor cause it looks close but never got to test it) except it was not the best oldschool kite :D

What I hate in my 7m torch:
Absolutely NO hangtime
Kite is a bit too fast
Kite is too much "jellyfish" even pumped really hard, ears are sometimes kissing together when kite is depowered in very strong and gusty wind

Ears kissing is also a problem with the 9 when gusts are over 30kt of wind, but except of that, hangtime is better (could be a lot more...), And kite response is to me perfect

Would like more floaty hangtime in those 2 sizes.
But the 9 is the best unhook kite to me in 20 kt (I'm light weigh, 70kg)

The 12 is a bit slow and lack of power but when used in it's range it's an unhook machine

So what?
Nitro 7 and 9 plus my 12 torch?
Nitro 7 and keep torches in 9/12?
Krypt 8 10 12? (The torch 12 is brand new so will finish it before :D )

As you can read in my signature, I did not used bridled kites since the v2 of element ! I'm a lot into C feeling but miss the hang time....
Naish torch 7/9/12 Slingshot fuel 13
Board: Cab xcaliber
Previously: Combat2 7m/9m/11m Combat 7/13m
Element2 13m/9m/7m, Element1 9m
marcjacobskite

Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:48 pm

Hey mate,

Sounds like you want to stick with a feeling of C kite. A 7m is always going to be very fast and with no hang time. A 8m would suit you alot better for both more hangtime and slower in speed so you can still unhook. I would recommend getting A full quiver off the same type of kites. It’s a lot better for progression then mixing kite brands together as it can get a bit complicated. I’m pretty certain the krypto will meet you needs. A 12m, 10m, 8m, will sort you out in all conditions. But if you don’t get strong winds that offen you could be better to swapping out the 8m for a 9m.

Cheers,

Mj

Yeroglyf wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:42 pm
marcjacobskite wrote:

Cheers,

Mj

Hi Marc

I'm a lot into big air when wind is over 20kt

but when it's only a breeze, I only do unhooked tricks (sending the kite ain't no fun in light wind, to me)

I'm considering the nitro in small size to replace naish torch (hate the 7, love the 9, 12 is good to unhook) and keeping my 12 C kite for unhooked tricks

But maybe a quiver of krypto would do both well ?
Don't know the legacy but I really enjoyed riding the combat2 few years ago (made me think about riding the razor cause it looks close but never got to test it) except it was not the best oldschool kite :D

What I hate in my 7m torch:
Absolutely NO hangtime
Kite is a bit too fast
Kite is too much "jellyfish" even pumped really hard, ears are sometimes kissing together when kite is depowered in very strong and gusty wind

Ears kissing is also a problem with the 9 when gusts are over 30kt of wind, but except of that, hangtime is better (could be a lot more...), And kite response is to me perfect

Would like more floaty hangtime in those 2 sizes.
But the 9 is the best unhook kite to me in 20 kt (I'm light weigh, 70kg)

The 12 is a bit slow and lack of power but when used in it's range it's an unhook machine

So what?
Nitro 7 and 9 plus my 12 torch?
Nitro 7 and keep torches in 9/12?
Krypt 8 10 12? (The torch 12 is brand new so will finish it before :D )

As you can read in my signature, I did not used bridled kites since the v2 of element ! I'm a lot into C feeling but miss the hang time....