Element 6 vs Helium 3

General Discussions
LukeAdshead

Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:24 am

I currently have the Element4 in 9m and 13m. I am looking to replace the Element4 13m and am looking at either the Element6 12m, or the Helium3 12m. This kite will be used for freeride and foiling. What are your thoughts on which one I should get?

There is plenty of advice on the website, and I am leaning towards the Helium as I have just got into foiling and really enjoying the ability to go out in calm light wind conditions on the foil board, but I would also want to use the bigger kite for freeride, boosting and occasional freestyle (my most advanced trick is unhooked raley).

I have used the Ozone Enduro 12m for lightwind foiling and that was really good, does the Element6 perform in light winds in a similar way? (Thinking about being stable in the lightwinds)

Thanks
kite*hawk

Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:46 am

I really dont think you could go wrong with either. So the question you need to ask yourself is how hard are you on your kites? If you take great care of them and dont do alot of self launching and landing and not alot of hard crashing and wave rolling than Helium. If you like to toss your kite into vehicle and slam it on the beach and water than Element. I have the 12M E V6 and love it. Can ride my skimboard with it in 10mph and I'm 190 lbs. It drifts great and is truly an excelent all around kite. I like knowing that the kite can take a little abuse here and there and will probley last longer too. I would only get a Helium if I was just a foil/wave guy. I like to twin tip every once and a while and the Element jumps super high with soft landings. Unhooked is great and should help you get more than just a Raley. Also I have had V4 E and the V6 is a huge improvement. The 12M E6is the money size for light wind! BTW i dont see any good foil riders here on anything bigger than a 9m in super light wind. Hope this helps.
LukeAdshead

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:39 am

Kite*hawk, thank you very much for your advice. I'd say about 50% of my sessions are self launch/land, and most of my local spots attracts some big swell so I think i'll go for the element. The element seems to be the all rounder that I'm looking for.

Great advice, cheers!