Upgrading from E3 to E6?

General Discussions
icedub

Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:09 pm

I'm headed down to OBX at the end of April, which will be the start of my kiteboarding season. Current quiver is Element4:5m, 7m, Element3: 9m, Nitro6: 12m.

9M is my most frequently used kite, and it's also my oldest. There's NOTHING wrong with my E3, no leaks, no repairs, nothing. But I'm so tempted by all the positive reviews of the new Element, and it's more geared towards my riding style (slightly less wave, slightly more jump and hangtime). Has anyone else made the jump from the V3 to the V6, and were you pleased?

Also as a side note, I wish I had held out another 6 or 7 months before purchasing that N6! The 12m Element is exactly what I wanted :P
Faxie

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:01 pm

icedub wrote:I'm headed down to OBX at the end of April, which will be the start of my kiteboarding season. Current quiver is Element4:5m, 7m, Element3: 9m, Nitro6: 12m.

9M is my most frequently used kite, and it's also my oldest. There's NOTHING wrong with my E3, no leaks, no repairs, nothing. But I'm so tempted by all the positive reviews of the new Element, and it's more geared towards my riding style (slightly less wave, slightly more jump and hangtime). Has anyone else made the jump from the V3 to the V6, and were you pleased?

Also as a side note, I wish I had held out another 6 or 7 months before purchasing that N6! The 12m Element is exactly what I wanted :P
I have V3 7m and 13m and V4 9m, I've ridden the E6 9m for 4 sessions (1 wave, 3 very overpowered TT) and don't see any reason myself to upgrade for waves or overpowerd riding. But if you're looking for an allrounder for freeriding and not looking to take the kite to it's extreme, it's a safe bet, and easier for jumps than the previous Elements. Lots of hangtime too, but you'll land with some speed most of the time. You can consider a N6 9m too, but it's a bit less user friendly and loops harder, but you can take that one to it's extreme without losing shape. I think it's more stable in gusts too.
icedub

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:33 pm

Thanks Faxie. So you don't think the new Element doesn't depower as well? Also, re: Nitro-- I have an N6 in a 12m and the problem I'm having with it is that it flies too high up in the window when it gets up near 12. I have had it hindenburg many times after a failed jump where I end up flying under the kite, or even just with the kite parked at 12 with a luff of wind.
felix

Tue May 01, 2018 4:11 am

There is very little difference in Depower. They both Depower very well.
I do have to say the Element6 by far way more stable at Zenith in Gusty winds if this is your main concern.
Regards
Felix.
Bardley

Tue May 01, 2018 5:25 am

icedub wrote:Thanks Faxie. So you don't think the new Element doesn't depower as well? Also, re: Nitro-- I have an N6 in a 12m and the problem I'm having with it is that it flies too high up in the window when it gets up near 12. I have had it hindenburg many times after a failed jump where I end up flying under the kite, or even just with the kite parked at 12 with a luff of wind.
G'day icedub, I had an issue initally with my new element 6 hindenburging similar to the nitro 6 . This was on the factory setting with the bridle on the leading edge middle knot. I changed it to the rear knot to so there would be more pull on the front lines and I haven't had the issue since. It actually feels like there's more lift in the kite. maybe that's just me?? For me this setting seems to make the kite more stable to in gusty conditions compared the middle knot. I'm interested to hear if anyone else has tried the different settings especially with respect to big air jumping