Nitro v5

General Discussions
Faxie

Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:48 pm

Bridle too short, or backleaders too long. Don't know what the length should be though.

How does the shape of the kite look? Pinched or nice and open? Maybe the V below the 'spiderweb' bit of the bridle is too short.

Try adding another knot on the backleaders and see what happens. 10cm or so.
Last edited by Faxie on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cristianchave

Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:26 pm

Maybe the rear pig tail are to long and that’s why I don’t feel power when turning. If I make a new knot shorter, can that solve the problem? I’m going to try it this week
Cristianchave

Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:27 pm

I have some photos of the bridles but I don’t know how to post them
Faxie

Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:34 pm

Cristianchave wrote:I have some photos of the bridles but I don’t know how to post them
Upload on imgur for example, and then put the link here
Faxie

Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:39 pm

Cristianchave wrote:Maybe the rear pig tail are to long and that’s why I don’t feel power when turning. If I make a new knot shorter, can that solve the problem? I’m going to try it this week
It might solve the problem. You then have to figure out how much shorter they have to be... simple way is to pull the backline leaders by hand in light conditions until the kite starts backstalling and then estimate the length difference so you know where to put the knot on the kite. Then put 3 knots on the kite, and see which one works best and that's your new reference.
Cristianchave

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:01 am

I’m going to do that this weekend bc the controller lines were to lose the other day. That maybe the reason that it wasn’t turning
hongchew

Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:57 pm

jakoblondal wrote:
hongchew wrote:I'm having the same problem with 16m v5, no lift can't jump. But my 8m v4 jumps perfectly
It is nearly impossible to get any significant air on a 16m. When you get up in that size the wind don't have any power to make the uplift. Like jumping a 15m, I only go op to 6-7 meters in a jump with that size. The kites gets to big to go quick upwards in the window :D

Big kites are made for cruising and such things. Maybe you can do some freestyle. But no big air for sure.
------------------------------------------------------
Regarding the 12m Nitro v5, that sounds strange. Perhaps you should write directly to the guys at switch, maybe they can give you some ideers. Never had any problem with my nitro6 12m. Jumps great. Sound like line or the way you connect it is wrong. Hard to tell on the web.
Cant get big air w 16m, really? This is the most ridiculous nonsense I've read in a long time.
jakoblondal

Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:18 pm

hongchew wrote:
jakoblondal wrote:
hongchew wrote:I'm having the same problem with 16m v5, no lift can't jump. But my 8m v4 jumps perfectly
It is nearly impossible to get any significant air on a 16m. When you get up in that size the wind don't have any power to make the uplift. Like jumping a 15m, I only go op to 6-7 meters in a jump with that size. The kites gets to big to go quick upwards in the window :D

Big kites are made for cruising and such things. Maybe you can do some freestyle. But no big air for sure.
------------------------------------------------------
Regarding the 12m Nitro v5, that sounds strange. Perhaps you should write directly to the guys at switch, maybe they can give you some ideers. Never had any problem with my nitro6 12m. Jumps great. Sound like line or the way you connect it is wrong. Hard to tell on the web.
Cant get big air w 16m, really? This is the most ridiculous nonsense I've read in a long time.
And why is that? Please tell me more then.

Sure you can go big on a big kite if you go out in wind that will get you up there, lets say a 16m in 25 knots will get you up there, but big kites are not mainly in the world for boosting/jumping.
Its also how you see what big is?, I havent seen people jump 9/10+ with bigger then 12-13m.. Correct me if I am wrong, It dosent happen where I come from. :D

But then again, you can talk about what "big" is forever and ever. ;)