Nitro 6 with manufacturing mistake

General Discussions
gtalpo

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:54 pm

fluidity wrote:You're trying to blame post-sales abrasions from rubbing on rough surfaces on Switch??
Check the surfaces you've been letting your kite rub against and learn from your mistake! :o
sander.jpg
I've already had more than 10 kites, please do not say what I have to learn, thank you. This kite is new, the rubbing was the normal one to put it in c. I repeat: the kite has only three weeks of use, about 15-20 times. I have not had occasion to check other brands, but it seems clear to me that the seams should NOT be made in that place. All confirmed by those who have repaired it, a very experienced person.
Switchkite offered me a small compensation (the repair cost more), but in the next purchase, which will never happen because I will never buy this brand again, given this design flaw that they do not want to admit. Too bad, the wing works very well
Faxie

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:14 pm

Every brand has seams at that location. Only thing Switch does different is that they use a double row of singlestep stitching on the tube, but those are fine in your pictures.

DIALS

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:18 pm

FAXIE you must have shares in Switch by the way your defending them.....Are you affiliated with Switch at all. :roll:
Faxie

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:38 pm

DIALS wrote:FAXIE you must have shares in Switch by the way your defending them.....Are you affiliated with Switch at all. :roll:
Did you miss the part where I'm very sceptical about the Element V6?

I'm not affiliated. Wish I was, lol.

But this just looks like a failed relaunch on an abrassive surface to me, or rubbing the kite when rolling it for packup. There is no way stitches can wear like that by themselves. The imprint of the stitches on the canopy part looks strange too.
mbevo

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:44 pm

i had that happen to me before on a different kite right after i self launched in a concrete surface...never do that again
gtalpo

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:38 am

Faxie wrote:Every brand has seams at that location. Only thing Switch does different is that they use a double row of singlestep stitching on the tube, but those are fine in your pictures.

NO, no, no!.
you did not understand where the problem is. The wrong seam (in my opinion), is the one below. In fact, the central part of the leading edge is not damaged at all because there is no seam behind it!
gtalpo

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:42 am

mbevo wrote:i had that happen to me before on a different kite right after i self launched in a concrete surface...never do that again
I have never raised the wing alone. And keep in mind that it's practically NEW! . The problem is the seam behind!. The central part, which does not have that seam at the back is ok!
gtalpo

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:13 am

jakoblondal wrote:Its seems a little crazy that sand and stiches have done this. Sorry to be honest. Im not saying you are lying.
But as seen on the two photos, it seems like some pretty hard damages that should have come by itself?
I am not referring to the seam on the yellow stripe, but to the seam behind the yellow part that wears it
Damian

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:58 pm

Im struggling to believe this could happen from packing the kite or keeping it in the bag. Self launch?
DIALS

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:28 pm

felix wrote:Hello Dials.
I did some looking back at your inquiry.
Please contact info@switchkites.com
It appears you did not get our final email to you .
Sorry you had to go to the forum with this for us to see you did not get your final reply. As during your time of request there were some issues with our email system.
Regards
Felix.
I have since received a small refund from Switch towards the repair so thanks Switch....