Looking for chicken loop for controller v1 or v2

General Discussions
Juanjus

Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:23 pm

I notice that the chicken loop is no longer available for bar models v1 and v2. Do you know if they are going to be available again?
islandson

Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:27 pm

Assuming your talking about the whole assembly, I replaced the chickenloop assembly on my V2 with a v3.
No problems, Switch recommended it. Liked it much better that v2, was easier to reset.
airsails

Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:20 pm

v3 not available either, and just the chicken loop part is out of stock too. Seems the spare parts stock is dwindling.
barrywind

Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:50 pm

Having had to come up with DIY workarounds to address issues on all C1-3 version bars, ranging from limp lock tubes, swivels that don't swivel or allow the flagging line to pull thru, bars that sink, sharp edges on swivels/center bar hole and having the quick release not release**, I've basically rebuilt my Controllers with Slingshot Sentinel parts. You can buy three different length chicken loops to fit the Sentinel quick release assembly - the very short Talon aluminum link and two different length conventional coated line chicken loops. About the only Switch parts left on my bars are the leader lines and the actual bar. The earlier Controllers were a good value bar and line set, with most of the issues being resolved with the subsequent generation, but IMHO, it's time to move on to the C4 or an alternative.

**The most serious failing of the Controller bar I've experienced is having the quick release not release. It seems the stainless square end of the chicken loop can wear a slight groove in the ramp of the release latch. I was amazed to pull up the quick release and stare at the chicken loop refusing to pull away. Happened to my wife, standing right next to me in waist-deep water. I transferred the bar to my harness, thinking that she's to blame, and had the same problem happen to me. My trust with the Controller releasing quickly went to zero after this happened.
airsails wrote:v3 not available either, and just the chicken loop part is out of stock too. Seems the spare parts stock is dwindling.
Last edited by barrywind on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thankfully I've only got one Switch kite in my quiver, a 15.5m Helium2. Send a PM if you want to buy it.
My Referral code = Sorry, No Longer a Pimp for Switch :(
-Barry
felix

Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:48 pm

Any queries on stock or parts of the v3 please contact Switch directly.
They will be more than happy to help you find a solution.
contact
info@switchkites.com
Regards
Felix.