Controller 4

General Discussions
netcyberg

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:46 pm

jakoblondal wrote: I'm not sure what you want to happen now? I'm confused :?
I don't want anything to happen, I was just sharing my experience and opinion.
But since Felix mentioned it’s an industry standard - it would still be great to see some examples of other bars on the market with the same thickness of 26-28mm
jakoblondal

Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:27 am

Gautiou wrote:Is it normal to have a ring coming out of the clam cleat ?Sorry I don't have a photo.
As we talked on, on Facebook Gautiou. The metal ring is there to stop the one frontline to go "all the way out of the bar". Took a picture to explain what I mean. So yeah, its normal to have such a ring on the clam cleat. :)

(This post is not direct for you, just used your quote if others have same question) :D
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
bar
Untitled-1.jpg (392.95 KiB) Viewed 1861 times
Gautiou

Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:19 pm

Thank you very much Jakob. Now i must find a screw to the de-power rope ball.
netcyberg

Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:32 pm

Hey guys,

I was wondering if Jake Kelsick is using your co-branded bar as well?....
Kinda awkward to mention it here.....unfortunately he is not riding in gloves in Carribians as well, ha?
Attachments
2018-04-27_22-15-40.png
2018-04-27_22-15-40.png (104.95 KiB) Viewed 1844 times
felix

Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:07 pm

When testing which bar thickness we were going with -we specifically purchased or got our hands on many bars from other manufactures.
We handed them out to riders that do testing in different areas for us and waited for feed back.
We did not have one compliant regarding thickness and I have to say many other brands had thicker bars
What you read in specs sometimes is the tube diameter with no grip. Weird but true once you get some calipers onto them.
Unfortunately I do not want to put any names under the bus here.

Regards
Felix
LukeAdshead

Sat May 19, 2018 4:28 pm

I used my new controller 4 for the first time this week. I really like the bar, I got the longer one and use it with my 9m and 13m element and it works great. I actually really like the new soft grip and the new depower handle seems like a good idea. The new chicken loop is good and it seems like a robust piece of kit.

The only thing that concerns me is the safety system. When I took delivery of the bar I tested the system on dry land to understand how it works and I noticed that the safety line does not pull through the quick release mechanism due to the knot that connects the bungee line to the main safety line being too large to pass through the hole. I contacted Switch about this and they said after using the bar in good wind, this will pull the knot tighter which will make it smaller allowing it to pass through the quick release mechanism.

When I was packing away my kit after the last session I tried to pull the safety line through the quick release mechanism and the knot was still too large to allow it to pass through, even though I had used the bar in good wind as Switch suggested.

Has anyone else had the same problem? I haven't had to use the quick release system yet but I am worried that when I need to it won't work due to this problem. It is advertIsed as being able to work every time but this has not been the case for me yet.

Thanks
felix

Sun May 20, 2018 2:23 am

The knot is made to sit in the ball.
Then made to be pulled tight by the tension the kite power gives while the kite is flying.
If the knot is in the ball and pulled tight via kite pressure you will not have any issues.
If you start messing with your bar on land and try to pull it through by hand from various angles you could run into issues like making the knot expand.
The good thing is that it is very easy to fix
Hold the knot tight with fingers each side while slowly making it tight while pulling it into the stopper.
Please make sure it fits inside the stopper and let the line tension pull it tight on your next flight or two.
Then you should have no problems.
Regards
Felix.
Attachments
knot.png
knot.png (882.01 KiB) Viewed 1670 times
GWS

Tue May 22, 2018 3:40 am

With those pictures above, when you join two loops you pass the grey line through the white one, then pass the tail of the grey line through the grey loop.

That ends up with the grey loop inverted or twisted in on itself. That causes the shape you see in the first picture.

If you pull the grey and white loops apart a bit, then work the end of the grey loop through itself so the line is all straight, you remove the inversion of the loop. You can then pull the grey and white loops together to end up with what you see in the second image.
fluidity

Tue May 22, 2018 8:36 am

I've had my controller 4 bar for a couple of months now. Love it with only one exception: Re-attaching the chicken loop end. I use a slider adapter harness with a low friction ring. It's a bit of mucking around to release, lever and hold the catch open while feeding the chickenloop end in and then let the QR pull back into place.
Faxie

Tue May 22, 2018 10:29 pm

fluidity wrote:I've had my controller 4 bar for a couple of months now. Love it with only one exception: Re-attaching the chicken loop end. I use a slider adapter harness with a low friction ring. It's a bit of mucking around to release, lever and hold the catch open while feeding the chickenloop end in and then let the QR pull back into place.
I feel the same. Never did like that type of QR.

I don't like the swivel either.... it's too narrow so getting a good grip is difficult. Rode my V2 bar last week, and that btb swivel just works soo much better.

One other thing is that I'm concerned about the longetivity of the grip... the underside is starting to get damaged. And no sign of the pro bar yet...

Other than that I do like the bar as a whole.