Controller 4

General Discussions
Bill C
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:37 pm

Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:54 am

Faxie wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:05 am
- Safetyline looked very frayed after 100 hours... and still can't order a spare... replaced myself with a regular line + PU
Does it have any elasticity so it doesn't hang loose? I replaced mine also, but with regular kite line.
Faxie
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:38 pm

Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:07 pm

Bill C wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:54 am
Faxie wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:05 am
- Safetyline looked very frayed after 100 hours... and still can't order a spare... replaced myself with a regular line + PU
Does it have any elasticity so it doesn't hang loose? I replaced mine also, but with regular kite line.
Ow yeah.... one other point: Bungee in the safetyline broke very quickly. Doens't really matter because I almost never trim the kite.

I don't use a bungee on my safetyline now. Doesn't work well with short safetylines imo.
Faxie
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:38 pm

Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:41 pm

Was very powered today on the 8m. Already replaced the depower handle with the replacement one, because there were reports of broken handles. Guess what... I trimmed the kite a bit, and the stitching on the handle tore loose...

Damn...
jakoblondal
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:50 am
Location: Denmark

Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:21 am

I read these fault on equipment and always wander, how do you treat the gear?
My C4 bar is on 250+ sessions since i got it last year.. And nothing on it have broken.
Faxie
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:38 pm

Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:30 pm

jakoblondal wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:21 am
I read these fault on equipment and always wander, how do you treat the gear?
My C4 bar is on 250+ sessions since i got it last year.. And nothing on it have broken.
I often wonder that about other people too. But I kite with it. Nothing else. Didn't have real problems with the V2 bar after 300 sessions, other than to replace the lines a few times, and a retainerbungee that tore off.

I did do a lot of wavesessions with the V2, and with the V4 my interest has shifted more to bigair and unhooking again. I never cruise around.
jakoblondal
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:50 am
Location: Denmark

Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:02 pm

Faxie wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:30 pm
jakoblondal wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:21 am
I read these fault on equipment and always wander, how do you treat the gear?
My C4 bar is on 250+ sessions since i got it last year.. And nothing on it have broken.
I often wonder that about other people too. But I kite with it. Nothing else. Didn't have real problems with the V2 bar after 300 sessions, other than to replace the lines a few times, and a retainerbungee that tore off.

I did do a lot of wavesessions with the V2, and with the V4 my interest has shifted more to bigair and unhooking again. I never cruise around.
I can understand the line tear, as looping and such things tear on the lines when they get crossed and so on.
Never had problem with the older bar either, riding as you i think, 9/10 is big air, loops and air stunts..
Faxie
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:38 pm

Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:17 pm

jakoblondal wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:02 pm
Faxie wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:30 pm
jakoblondal wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:21 am
I read these fault on equipment and always wander, how do you treat the gear?
My C4 bar is on 250+ sessions since i got it last year.. And nothing on it have broken.
I often wonder that about other people too. But I kite with it. Nothing else. Didn't have real problems with the V2 bar after 300 sessions, other than to replace the lines a few times, and a retainerbungee that tore off.

I did do a lot of wavesessions with the V2, and with the V4 my interest has shifted more to bigair and unhooking again. I never cruise around.
I can understand the line tear, as looping and such things tear on the lines when they get crossed and so on.
Never had problem with the older bar either, riding as you i think, 9/10 is big air, loops and air stunts..
I consider line wear normal. Every line will fray after a lot of loops after a while. I think the Switch lines are very good. And a frayed safetyline is pretty normal too, but a spare one should be available, which it is not. We're one year further now, and still no spare one. Inexcusable if you ask me... at least the donkey dick is available...

For all the other points.... they shouldn't happen. Especially the broken barends now. Those are just too weak for higher barpressure kites.
DIALS
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:13 am

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:12 am

Ive tried to get a new stopper ball from Switch and not a hope. Ive sent 3-4 e-mails and no answer. If I could get 1 elsewhere then I would. Wont be purchasing bar ,kite or anything from Switch again.Not just because of this but Ive had issues with their kites also and they just say have your local repair shop sort it...Bye Bye Switch. :roll:
switchparos
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:55 pm

Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:59 pm

Faxie wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:05 am

- Safetyline looked very frayed after 100 hours... and still can't order a spare... replaced myself with a regular line + PU
Hi, can anybody tell me where I can find a regular line (preferably in Europe) of the same length as the safetyline cause I need to replace it too?
Faxie
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:38 pm

Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:36 pm

switchparos wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:59 pm
Faxie wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:05 am

- Safetyline looked very frayed after 100 hours... and still can't order a spare... replaced myself with a regular line + PU
Hi, can anybody tell me where I can find a regular line (preferably in Europe) of the same length as the safetyline cause I need to replace it too?
I'm pretty sure the Peter Lynn one is exactly the same. Ozone might fit too.
Post Reply