Controller 4

General Discussions
huili88
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:22 am

Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:08 pm

gtc wrote:Hi guys,

What do you think about the Peter Lynn bar http://www.peterlynn.com/accessories/de ... ntrol-bar/

:roll:
It’s basically BWS bar. They even use the same center line distributor. I think kite companies have come to the same conclusion there is only so much technology you can put into a bar.
Faxie
Posts: 714
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:38 pm

Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:55 pm

gtc wrote:Hi guys,

What do you think about the Peter Lynn bar http://www.peterlynn.com/accessories/de ... ntrol-bar/

:roll:
Comparable to Switch, but more expensive. And the Switch has better lines. No-brainer if you ask me.
jeff50
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:59 am

Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:19 am

Loyal Switch customer since the day dot.
Having used all 3 generations of controllers.
V1 was a good start up bar for year 1.
V2 was a nice bar how ever had its weight issues.
V3 was basically a color change from v2.
Having purchased the C4X I can honestly say it's leaps and bounds ahead of the v3. Switch really did listen to it's customers.
I found the C4X bar to be very comfortable.
Clutter free and also very easy to use regarding de-power and adjustments.
Love that is light and has no issues floating.
Super happy with my purchase.
Keep up the great work Switch.

Happy Sailing.
J50
gtc
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:44 am
Location: Marseille

Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:25 am

Hi guys,
Quick question.. What's the travel length of the depower line? From the top of the CL to the black stopper ball.

Thanks in advance!
jakoblondal
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:50 am
Location: Denmark

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:47 pm

gtc wrote:Hi guys,
Quick question.. What's the travel length of the depower line? From the top of the CL to the black stopper ball.

Thanks in advance!
Hi!

It's about 48cm, that is 18.89inches in US. :)
That is from end swirl to stopper ball.

Image
Gautiou
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 3:17 pm

Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:54 pm

Today i had to use the quick release of my new Controller 4 but i had an issue. It's difficult for the knot of the depower line to enter in the hole of quick release.
Bill C
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:37 pm

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:07 am

Gautiou wrote:Today i had to use the quick release of my new Controller 4 but i had an issue. It's difficult for the knot of the depower line to enter in the hole of quick release.
You got me wondering. I just tried mine and the knot went thru the quick release assembly OK, but was a little tight pulling it back thru. I repeated several times and it seems to work fine.
kite*hawk
Posts: 623
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:17 pm
Location: Wilmington NC

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:53 am

Not sure what kind of wind your deploying your safety in but if you are testing in light wind than it may not work correctly. Alot of safety systems will only work with a significant load against them. In light wind there is no safety danger.
DIALS
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:13 am

Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:55 pm

Anyone know what the Real lie adjusters are for or should the pack say rear line adjusters....then that I would know what they are for.... :roll:
Bill C
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:37 pm

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:56 pm

kite*hawk wrote:Not sure what kind of wind your deploying your safety in but if you are testing in light wind than it may not work correctly. Alot of safety systems will only work with a significant load against them. In light wind there is no safety danger.
Do you own a C4 bar? How do you know if the diameter in the quick release assembly is wide enough for the knot? Why should wind speed be a criteria for the safety line to pull thru?

I can tell you on my C4, the diameter is a little tight for the knot and takes some effort to pull thru even when the knot has gone thru the hole several times.

I suspect Switch bought the new quick release assembly from the same vendor that supplies them to other kite companies. When you loop the flag safety line thru the Switch center line (which is thicker than most center lines on the market), the knot is slightly larger than the diameter of the hole.
Post Reply