Controller 4

General Discussions
kite*hawk

Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:58 am

I'm going to order one soon. A longer bar will suit my riding style better. Also if you want to make the larger bar smaller just move your hands in closer to the center. :lol:
taiguy

Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:48 am

Glad to find out it's roughly half a pound (227g) lighter than the controller 3. How durable would you estimate the bar ends to be given that it's soft foam, just like the floats?
Bill C

Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:41 am

​Received my C4 bar (55cm) today and took a couple of pics overlaying my old C3. Overall design is night-and-day compared to the C3. Much lighter and everything looks like they are meant to work together. My old C3 bar looks like a Frankenbar compared to the C4.

You will notice the overall bar is wider (56cm for my C3 compared to 61cm for the C4). I will quickly adapt to the width and feel. This bar definitely provides some leverage for larger kites compared to the old bar. It might be too wide for my Nitro 10, but I'll see. The width of the lines are 55cm compared to 53cm on my C3.

Things I like:
•Less weight
•Grip is nice
•Plastic covered depower rope. Having gone thru a center line wrap kitemare recently motivated me to upgrade. See underwater pic of my line wrap.
•Quick release definitely better than the C3
•Bar end/floats are soft and integrated. I could see the floats breaking free from the bar ends in the future, but so what.
•Cleat design is improved
•Pigtails coming from the bar are coated in plastic

Wish list:
•I don't mind having two bar sizes, but the larger bar could be a tad narrower and have the bar-ends swing out for the really large kites.

Its a nice bar. I am going to give the new bar a try in a couple of days.

Bill C

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:55 am

Bill C wrote:Wish list:•I don't mind having two bar sizes, but the larger bar could be a tad narrower and have the bar-ends swing out for the really large kites.
One other option is to offer a slightly narrower bar in 'spare parts'. I just don't fly the super large kites (above 14m) and would buy a slightly narrower bar and move everything over.
Bill C

Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:58 am

Spent the afternoon kiting with my Nitro5 12m and the new C4 bar. Have to admit, took a little while getting used to the cushy grip and wider bar, but I like it. I've spent so many sessions on the C3 bar with the callus building bar, I got used to the hard grip.

After a couple of hours, I like the wider bar with my 12m Nitro because when I crank the bar, especially when I move my hand out to the end of the bar, the kite turns pretty fast.

One thing I am going to change is the trim handle. I am going to add some Velcro so I can stick it on the cleat if the downhaul is pulled. When the trim handle was wrapped around the depower rope, its sort of a pain to depower the kite under full power because I couldn't get enough angle the trim handle to uncleat.

Its a nice bar and like anything, it takes a bit to develop some muscle memory.
Faxie

Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:15 am

Btw, underside of the grip near the barhole will damage. Have had 10 (long) sessions on it now, and the foam is partly gone. Probably the swivel hitting the underside...

Doesn't really matter, as long as the rest of the grip stays in place (I remember the older F-One bars.... )
Alysum

Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:31 am

hmm which size C4 should I get considering I fly just 9 and 11m strapless ?

does anyone know how long the combo deal will go on for ?
E5 7m, E3 9m, H3 12m & Reo 9m
jakoblondal

Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:05 am

Alysum wrote:hmm which size C4 should I get considering I fly just 9 and 11m strapless ?

does anyone know how long the combo deal will go on for ?
I would and is using the 55cm bar on my 9 and 12 Nitro and is keen to use the large bar. But its a personal issue as I ride TT and not strapless. I see other kite buddys that uses much smaller bars on their 9/12 meter.
I personally hold very tight in the center of the bar, almost touching the center lines on the 55cm and its works perfectly.

But it is also to have in mind, what you like doing. (Jumping, looping, freestyle, wave) I think the 55 i best all around. :)
MAC

Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:21 pm

I personally like a smaller bar, always have.
Right now I'm using the 46" bar with the 10 and 12 Nitro's for me its perfect, I don't feel the need for anything bigger with these kites, that being said its all what you get used to.
MAC
gtc

Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:43 pm

Hi guys,

What do you think about the Peter Lynn bar http://www.peterlynn.com/accessories/de ... ntrol-bar/

:roll: