I hated the Nitro V2. How is the V6?

General Discussions
gtc

Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:20 pm

Hi all,

Few years ago I owned a 10m Nitro V2 and I absolutely hated it. After few months of use I sold it.

The main reasons:

- Poor performance in low winds. Felt heavy in the air and tended to stall (<15kt). Relaunching in low winds was a nightmare.

- Poor high end. Although I can hold my actual 9m in +30kt, I felt very uncomfortable flying the Nitro in +23kt. Not much depower and very powerful in gusts.

- High bar pressure. I do like kites with bar pressure but the Nitro was too much.

- Slooow. I know it wasn't a wave kite but it felt more like a 12/13m kite.

- A bit tricky to jump.

After 3 years I am considering giving a second chance to the new Nitro V6. Anybody here could tell me how has improved since V2 gen?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by gtc on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
huili88

Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:16 pm

Wow GTC you had the opposite experience I had with the nitro V2. That was the kite that got me hooked to the nitro series.

The bar pressure is definitely lighter on the V5, relaunch is better, high end is better, and the loop is a little tighter generates a little less power through the loop then V2.
Faxie

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:39 pm

I flew the V2 10m in 15 knots... didn't think it would work with my weight... couldn't get upwind though.

Weren't there some bridle problems with some kites?
Switch Design

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:16 pm

Nitro5 is similar to Nitro4 with the Spider bridle added. Nitro6 was completely re-profiled and the LE outline modified for better relaunch. Also a bit faster and lower BP. Nitro6 is definitely an improvement.
josealferez

Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:06 pm

gtc wrote:Hi all,

Few years ago I owned a 10m Nitro V2 and I absolutely hated it. After few months of use I sold it.

The main reasons:

- Poor performance in low winds. Felt heavy in the air and tended to stall (<15kt). Relaunching in low winds was a nightmare.

- Poor high end. Although I can hold my actual 9m in +30kt, I felt very uncomfortable flying the Nitro in +23kt. Not much depower and very powerful in gusts.

- High bar pressure. I do like kites with bar pressure but the Nitro was too much.

- A bit tricky to jump.

After 3 years I am considering giving a second chance to the new Nitro V6. Anybody here could tell me how has improved since V2 gen?

Thanks in advance!

Hi gtc!!

I owned a Nitro V2 and I think the same. It was like a race kite. Absolutely awful for me too.

But I gave them a chance, because of the price and Nitro 6 is another kite.

Bar pressure is also high but the kite flies perfect. It's perfect for big air and kiteloops are really powerfull.

If you want a softer kite, better try the element V5. To me, this is the easiest kite for everything. ->> https://goo.gl/yqlhpQ

Hope to help you.
direnc

Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:25 pm

Hi gtc,

I also owned a Nİtro V2 12m, and did not like it. It got overpowered quickly, and there was no stopping it. Then got the V3 12m, which is totally different and super easy to control in any kind of wind. I have yet to be overpowered, or find it's top end. Do give the v6 a try, you may be pleasantly surprised.
Damian

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:00 pm

V6 is my First Nitro so I can't compare. But I have to say the kite is great. I find it very smooth in gust Scottish conditions. I'd does not have this annoying downwind pulls like some of my previous kites. I like how it builds the power. I feel I have much more control. The kite is also very direct with medium to low bar pressure.
dwebb

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:30 pm

I've owned the nitro 1 (12m), 2 (8m), 3(12,8m) and 6 (8m). While 2 was an improvement over 1 it still wasn't a very refined kite feel wise. It had a bit of an on / off power delivery and wasn't the best in gusty conditions. The Nitro 3 was the first time the model felt refined and smooth in it's power delivery. It still had a tendency to stall and fall back in the power zone and it tends to "pause" during sining. I've owned the 6 now for about 6 months and a lot of the issues I had with the 3 are seemingly gone. No more bridles wrapped around the wingtips on self launch, very efficient kite at getting through the wind window, much harder to stall (though this may also be because I tend to ride my 8 fairly powered up). The kite is definitely miles and above the performance of the nitro 2.
Eugene

Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:43 am

gtc wrote:Hi all,

The main reasons:

- A bit tricky to jump.

Thanks in advance!
Hi, I had a N3 12m have a N6 10m difference is pretty huge! N2<->N3 must have been huge too.

Your reasons are all wrong, expect only the part that the kite stalls. But you have just to trim it, maybe the stalling only happens with the old controllers don't know that yet. It is not that wrong stalling of kite, you can easily grab the powerlines. Yesterday I learned to do controlled unhooking in light winds, can grab the chicken loop now with 1 hand and walk with the kite. Hey maybe I can even ride my bike now too with my kite, just as Robby Naish once did. hehe :) :P Or what MJ once did!
Here is the wind from yesterday:
http://wow.metoffice.gov.uk/observation ... yyb96smnic I was there from around 15:00 till 18:00 with only one break 2 boards etc.
I was Saturday also @ http://www.nk-bigair.nl
Here is my kite on the back ground when the ladies got their prizes
https://youtu.be/6yWxgK3An8s?t=5h33m44s
Here is the aftermovie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2D5yuAj-CM
I rode the Legacy also in the waves incredible :-) I think it is also on stream since I rode around the competition area.
This was the wind for Saturday the 7th October 2017 https://www.windguru.cz/station/117 You have to put in on the 6th manually don't know how to get an URL for that. :(
Not it is time for https://riders.co/en/kiteboard/wakestyle/
Kites: Nitro V6 10m, Element V3 9m & Legacy v2 9m
Bar: 2x Controller3
Boards: Twintip MJ Comp V2 140x43
gtc

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:45 pm

Eugene wrote: Hi, I had a N3 12m have a N6 10m difference is pretty huge! N2<->N3 must have been huge too.

Your reasons are all wrong, expect only the part that the kite stalls. But you have just to trim it, maybe the stalling only happens with the old controllers don't know that yet. It is not that wrong stalling of kite, you can easily grab the powerlines.
WTF! My reasons are all wrong?? I'am talking about the Nitro V2, not the V3 you had, so no bs please.
I kite since 2005 and I've owned quite a lot of kites. I know how to trim a kite and tell if it's stalling because of the trimming or because its poor performance in light winds. And of course it's not a problem of the controller bar... as long as the lines have equal length and are correctly trimmed, any kite can fly in ANY bar (with same line lengths and V or Y split).