Any word on Mono strut and v4 bar??

General Discussions
huili88

Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:20 pm

We have already passed solstice summer will be gone in a couple of months. Any word on release dates?? Summertime toy slush fund is burning a hole in my pocket. Can wait too much longer.
Faxie

Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:28 pm

Same here. My credit card's itching.... :roll:
Switch Design

Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:19 pm

We've had a serious review of both of these projects.

The MonoStrut is currently on hold in lieu of other more significant kite projects which have consumed our product development resources. We will return to it, time-permitting, but there is no release schedule for it.

The Controller has been delayed when several issues were discovered in final testing with the conclusion to halt the release. As a result, it has undergone a complete re-design to eliminate them and improve the final product. The good news is that a great, new safe and reliable bar system is moving forward rapidly. Again, no firm release date but it is a top priority and will happen as soon as possible.

Good things are coming...
Faxie

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:00 pm

Switch Design wrote:We've had a serious review of both of these projects.

The MonoStrut is currently on hold in lieu of other more significant kite projects which have consumed our product development resources. We will return to it, time-permitting, but there is no release schedule for it.

The Controller has been delayed when several issues were discovered in final testing with the conclusion to halt the release. As a result, it has undergone a complete re-design to eliminate them and improve the final product. The good news is that a great, new safe and reliable bar system is moving forward rapidly. Again, no firm release date but it is a top priority and will happen as soon as possible.

Good things are coming...
No monostrut because of more significant projects? That sounds very promising! Very curious to see what will be coming :D

But what about the V3 bar then? Will they restock? (o and if you can use some more V4 testpilots.... :roll: :mrgreen: )

I need an extra bar... kinda tired of swapping lines out every time I go from waves to freestyle...
topmick

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:14 pm

I think Switch really want to hold onto the drift so the Elements will be pushed more towards waves. :)

Maybe Switch will have a new kite coming out in the line up that will suit all round twin tip riding and boosting and kite loops. :?:
queneseb

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:34 pm

We're all looking for some news :)
My Referral Code: 100485
(Use my Code 100485 when Sign up or Buying on switchkites.com and obtain benefits, Rewards + Naked women !!)
icedub

Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:49 pm

topmick wrote:Maybe Switch will have a new kite coming out in the line up that will suit all round twin tip riding and boosting and kite loops. :?:
Isn't that the Nitro?
Faxie

Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:46 pm

icedub wrote:
topmick wrote:Maybe Switch will have a new kite coming out in the line up that will suit all round twin tip riding and boosting and kite loops. :?:
Isn't that the Nitro?
Yeah that. And Element if you want it a bit less extreme but more playful. So I'm curious to see what will be more exciting than a monostrut...
JeromeD

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:19 pm

Switch Design wrote: The MonoStrut is currently on hold in lieu of other more significant kite projects which have consumed our product development resources. We will return to it, time-permitting, but there is no release schedule for it.
Well I'm disappointed to hear that the mono project is being set aside.

When I was in South Padre Island this spring a lot of the regulars were transistioning to foilboards and ALL of them were looking for more suitable kites. With the availabiilty of used foilboards, the barrier to entry to the sport is getting lower. With the extension of the low end of the wind window allowed by foilboards (and the fun) I don't see this trend slowing down.

Switch is missing a opportunity here and if they don't reconsider their decision, I will have to look elsewhere for kite solutions.
Switch Element v6 5m
Switch Helium v3 7m, 9m, 12m
Jerome D
hongchew

Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:27 pm

I would much rather Switch takes it time to do it right, than rushing products out to capture market share. It only takes 1 inferior product to ruin one's reputation