Switch Element V6

General Discussions
kite*hawk

Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:18 pm

Thanks for the review Jim. Try the used market for the Nitro. It's listed on same page as forum.I'm going to get a smaller v6 most likely a 9m. Had another awesome session on the 12M. It is exactingly what i was hoping for in that size kite. We typically have winds from 12-18mph and the 12M is magical in this range. Old V5 11M too small and 13M too big and slow. People are amazd at how powered I am in marginal winds. I let my friend who rides V3,4,5 Element's try it and he said "That kite is the butter pussycat!" Not quite sure what that means but I know what he is talking about. Yeh yeah I know it is a delta hybrid with 6 pulley's and 5 struts but the proof is in the pudding.
dtmt

Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:48 pm

This has become my favorite overall kite ever. Several great snowkite sessions have proven that the hype is legit & the pulleys only enhance the overall performance. I always liked the E-5's but they were never - that great. Really good in surf but as a snowkite - not really. Too 1 dimensional. Even in surf they didn't relaunch as quickly or efficiently as the E-6. Prior to this kite my favorite all time kites were Slingshot Rallys. Esp. the 2012 version. In fact I still have a 14M 2012 Rally but it lacks turning speed & response that the E6 gives (I know 12 vs 14M).

Although I haven't felt this kite in surf yet, I feel after numerous toeside runs going downhill at the kite, I have a sense that it will do what I want & when I want it once I make it to good surf. With that + improved relaunch & - so far - no bridal tangles, even after a couple of healthy yard-sales, I personally don't find anything to fault this kite on........for my riding skills & desires. For everyone? How could 1 kite be perfect for everyone? So many variables in what people like. Maybe if you are exclusively a freestyle or foil junky this kite may lack some of the features you're tuned into. For me - its exactly what I've been hoping for since the 2012 Rally only better.
jimcharette

Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:24 am

kite*hawk wrote:Thanks for the review Jim. Try the used market for the Nitro. It's listed on same page as forum.I'm going to get a smaller v6 most likely a 9m. Had another awesome session on the 12M. It is exactingly what i was hoping for in that size kite. We typically have winds from 12-18mph and the 12M is magical in this range. Old V5 11M too small and 13M too big and slow. People are amazd at how powered I am in marginal winds. I let my friend who rides V3,4,5 Element's try it and he said "That kite is the butter pussycat!" Not quite sure what that means but I know what he is talking about. Yeh yeah I know it is a delta hybrid with 6 pulley's and 5 struts but the proof is in the pudding.
Haha. Funny.
Thanks for the info about used market.
Alysum

Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:56 am

Can someone please tell me how much less bar pressure the E6 has vs the E4/5 ? It's something I dislike on the E5 having lots of bar pressure even on the lowest bridal setting.
E5 7m, E3 9m, H3 12m & Reo 9m
felix

Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:36 am

The element6 has 3 settings the one on the outside is a lot lighter than the v5 to where for me I find it hard to feel the kite.
The mid setting is still lighter than current kite.
The 3rd setting is getting closer to v5 but still lighter
So over all on all setting its not as high as v5 the lightest setting is at the point where most of today riders like it .
Old school guys like mid or last setting.
Really hard to describe it as every one has a different perception on BP.
Regards
Felix.
queneseb

Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:33 pm

Hi felix,

Better Element v6 or Nitro6 For Hydrofoil Speed. Miss my Nitro10 sqm to reach again >36 to 40 knot of speed (Only for speed ;) )
And Boost ?

You know me, what do you recommand ? Back on Nitro or go on E6 ;)
My Referral Code: 100485
(Use my Code 100485 when Sign up or Buying on switchkites.com and obtain benefits, Rewards + Naked women !!)
felix

Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:12 am

Hi Seb.
Straight line speed Nitro -
The rest e6-
Hope all is well.
Regards
Felix
Gautiou

Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:35 am

First test yesterday of my Element 6 in 23 knots in twin tip on flat water. The kite is really responsive et turns quickly. It promises for waveriding. Easy relaunch et great upwind ability.
Less low-end and boost compared to the Nitro but similar hang time.

I find the rounder profile of the Element 6 looks like Cabrinha Radar. The little bag is not handy and i would have preferred a true kite bag.
lovethekitesurf

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:19 am

Finally got my Element6 after it got stuck at the TNT hub for 4 days. :evil: :evil:
Super happy with the performance of my new 8m Element.
It's quick to respond -stable and have to say very lofty in the jumps bringing you down softly.
I have been trying strapless front rolls for the last 10 months and have had more success on this kite than I have ever before in the past.
The wind dropped and took it out on the foil. Kite flew very nice going off the wind.
Great Job Switch.
Happy customer.
Lovethekitesurf :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Borby

Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:53 am

Would love to hear some feedback from riders who have ridden both the latest Element and the Core XR5. Side by side they are a very similar looking kite and the read-ups seem to post similar flying characteristics. The XR is a fantastic kite so would be very impressed if Switch are giving Core a good run for the money!