Switch Element V6

General Discussions
kite*hawk

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:32 am

@Faxie- I have always found it impossible to fully appreciate a new version on a kite until I get at least 5-10 sessions on them. I find myself flying them like my muscle memory flew the previous and not really liking them off the bat. Your skipping over the V5 (which I think is a perfect wave kite and will ride mine to rags) to a V6. I would give it a few more goes in various conditions and hopefully some really good wind. It sounds like it performs pretty good in the crap wind you have flew it in thus far. I got a 12m on the way and am stoked that Switch listened to my feed back on needing a 12m in the line up. I hope it to be my biggest wave kite for light wind days. I will post a review after 5 or so sessions if it ever gets here. Been stuck in transit between HK and USA for 2 plus weeks now. Felix and I are tring to figure it out but would have loved to have had it the last two days as we had perfect 12m wind. Looking forward to more reviews from you and cant wait to give mine a go.
wavepunk_okinawa

Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:53 am

In regards riding 30 knots+++ on the 6m2..how much do you guys weight? ? ? :o
Because for me at under 65kg, it depowers good but riding it in around around 25~30knots I wish there was a 5m2 available....

Due to shifting wind conditions here I am finding it difficult to get good feeling on the differences between the three front line settings. Anyone tried? :?:
Pierre-antoine JP
Element 7, 9, 11, 13

Team Rider Japan
mbevo

Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:38 pm

it depends on what you want to do. At 65kg I ride my 10m until 33-34 knots, quite a workout holding it down though.
Ride whatever that fits your riding styles and makes you comfortable
Faxie

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:04 pm

kite*hawk wrote:@Faxie- I have always found it impossible to fully appreciate a new version on a kite until I get at least 5-10 sessions on them. I find myself flying them like my muscle memory flew the previous and not really liking them off the bat. Your skipping over the V5 (which I think is a perfect wave kite and will ride mine to rags) to a V6. I would give it a few more goes in various conditions and hopefully some really good wind. It sounds like it performs pretty good in the crap wind you have flew it in thus far. I got a 12m on the way and am stoked that Switch listened to my feed back on needing a 12m in the line up. I hope it to be my biggest wave kite for light wind days. I will post a review after 5 or so sessions if it ever gets here. Been stuck in transit between HK and USA for 2 plus weeks now. Felix and I are tring to figure it out but would have loved to have had it the last two days as we had perfect 12m wind. Looking forward to more reviews from you and cant wait to give mine a go.
I can get used to a new kite pretty fast. Muscle memory will always be a factor... you tend to notice things on a new kite that you're used to on an older kite. But that can be a good and a bad thing. Goes both ways.

When you test a kite, you simply don't have time to do 10 sessions on it. So when I test a kite, I always repeat different manoevres a few times and make mental notes. It's pretty easy to observe a kite's behaviour that way.

It looks like there's gonna be some good winds (23-27) on wednesday, but I have to work... maybe I'll try to get the day off...
wavepunk_okinawa

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:48 am

Had another good session today with the 6m2. Just slightly underpowered , wind 18~25knots. 23m lines, was in a hurry...should of done 20m. Onshore chop with some good waves sometimes.
Great upwind even underpowered.
Man I just love the float on this for strapless jumps. Super easy to land.
I tried to furthest inside knot bridle settings. Quick side to side turns now seem to have more punch to them, feels more like an E5 but with smoother power.
Self launch and landing no bridle catching the wingtips problem I had with the E5.
Hmm, the more I ride it the more I like it. :D
Attachments
P1220063 copy.jpg
P1220063 copy.jpg (882.82 KiB) Viewed 3722 times
P1220066 copy.jpg
P1220066 copy.jpg (313.48 KiB) Viewed 3722 times
P1220096 copy.jpg
P1220096 copy.jpg (788.33 KiB) Viewed 3722 times
Pierre-antoine JP
Element 7, 9, 11, 13

Team Rider Japan
Gautiou

Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:50 am

Hi,

What size do you recommend me to go with my 12m Nitro 6 and later a 12m Element 6 ? Maybe a 9m or 8m ? I'm 90 kg

The Element is more powerful than the Nitro ?
jakoblondal

Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:18 pm

Gautiou wrote:Hi,

What size do you recommend me to go with my 12m Nitro 6 and later a 12m Element 6 ? Maybe a 9m or 8m ? I'm 90 kg

The Element is more powerful than the Nitro ?
I would take the 9m Element6, I am 100kg.
And have the Nitro6 12+9m with C4X bar.

Dont think the Element is more powerfull then the Nitro, I have compared the two kites on some pages pack in this topic.
dtmt

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:26 pm

2 More snow sessions on the E6 12M. Both light wind excursions & 1 was ankle-knee deep powder. I had been flying my Flysurfer Boost 2 15M for some time. Was going upwind fine & barely able to boost going downhill. For powder more power is necessary. Wife got tired & needed a break so I took the E6 for a decent spin. Since I'd been on a 15M high aspect wing I figured I couldn't do much on this 12. I actually had an easy time going upwind & staying powered although the wind was just too light to get airborn. The kite turns so smoothly & generates power so easily & seems to retain a pretty consistent power generation through loops that I wasn't just slogging. Was able to make some toeside runs at the kite going downhill & it definitely needed input to stay up but again it reacts to input really nicely.

I can't wait to fly this kite on waves but that'll be a while. All in all I am liking the kite better than the E5's. I also like that my wife is enjoying it much better than E5's. Relaunch alone & a better upwind performance is making a huge difference to her. She's had some real breakthrough sessions with it & the fun factor is starting get ahold of her!!
Lance

Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:21 pm

I saw an E6 in the sky today so stopped to check it out. The kite landed as I arrived but looked like a few guys chatting around the kite and it was been given over to another rider to test. I went to chat to Robin who said it was the first time out on his new 6m Element V6 so still getting used to it but said it was better on the twintip than the E5.

You're a brave man lending your kite out to someone on the first day of your two week holiday. Next thing we see the guy crash the kite and it looks to be inverted in the waves. I thought I'd document the tragedy while Robin ran off to go save his kite. The kite did not look like it was going to relaunch successfully. I was so wrong, in under 30 seconds it sorted itself out and was back in the sky. Wind speed was 30-35 knots.

https://youtu.be/qnJmckSJpsw

Gautiou

Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:06 pm

No more kitebag for my new Element 6. The Price is higher than previous model that i had with my Nitros !