felix

Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:00 am

Low end is very similar to the Nitro.
Splitting hairs.
Regards
Felix.
Borby

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:15 pm

My first visual (on-line) of this kite and I immediately thought of the North Evo (pre 2018). If this kite is like the Evo then it is going to be one hell of a good kite. North's move away from the 5 struts and pulleys was an interesting move given the pedigree of this kite. A number of riders who have ridden the new Evo are not sold on the changes.....enter Switch. 5 stuts and pulleys giving it a consistent and solid pull through the wind window.

I can only assume that this move to change the Evo has made by North to design a kite more towards the wave side of riding rather than its original free ride characteristics. Given that North's bread and butter kite seems to be the Neo I assume they want to continue to target this market with a kite with similar features to its Neo.

Given Switch's change to their Element making it more freeride/all-round, I would also assume that Switch have a wave dedicated kite is on its way??????? :D

A number of the dedicated Evo riders I know are now super interested in the Element give their dissatisfaction with North's changes.

The Element v6 looks sweet and I am super keen to get on one ASAP!!! Well done Switch on a great looking kite. I hope it fly's just as well as it looks!!
jakoblondal

Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:00 pm

The element6 9m is on its way to my doorstep. I will make some unbox, hands on pictures/-videos of it and compare it to my Nitro6 and will be getting a rider from Eleveight to try it out also, afterwards I will post it on the forum. :)
If you have anything you special would like to see closer, feel free to PM me. So I can help with any doubt. :)
Borby

Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:47 am

Would love to see the placement of the 6 pulleys :shock:

I am assuming that by having so many it will improve the linear feel on the bar through a loop.

Edit from my previous post: North have kept pulleys on their Rebel and Evo.
cdm040971

Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:23 am

Hi all,
Anyone in Perth Australia with a Element V6 and the New bar offering to demo?
Thanks
Chris
dtmt

Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:52 am

Very curious how drift will compare to E5? I know its more of an all-arounder & hear hear the phrase "constant pull" used several times through this thread. Does this mean a lot less drift? Barely noticeable?

I do like everything else described & the look of it. My purposes will be snowkiting & wave kiting primarily.
felix

Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:13 pm

felix

Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:27 pm

DTMT-
I'm filming some wavering with some guys at my local.
They seem to not have any issues getting the kite to drift. Either do I .
They also prefer the kite over the Element5 .
The Drift is Barley noticeable - I would say 3%-5% off the Element 5 but - smoothness - response - stability - relaunch blow it away .
Most guys think that I'm just trying to sell a new product - how ever most will eat their words when they try it .
Its just better and there is nothing with improving an older model.
Customers should be stoked.
Regards
Felix
YakAttack

Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:35 am

How’s the boost on the E6 compared to E5? Looking to get a new 7m
fluidity

Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:59 am

felix wrote:Marc on the Element6 10m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VRhtYi ... e=youtu.be
Looks good Felix. Seems like Marc has found something new to do crazy jumps with. :mrgreen:
It's going to take us a while to get used to Switch kites not having those smooth leading edge curves Felix made Switch well known for though!
I have to say that while Felix's explanation of a smooth leading edge curve for easy turning made sense, there's probably a lot more drag changes from strut diameter than from the old leading edge arc smoothness compared to the new segmented look.

Real interesting to see that while the Element 5 aspect ratios are only from 4.17 to 4.21 that the Element 6 aspect ratios start at 3.65 and go smoothly up to 5.05 (The Nitro 6 has a 5.03 average aspect ratio) Seems like a totally different beast than the old Element so it will be interesting to see if the design differences between the new smaller elements through to the biggest one show up in the reviews! I guess the small aspect ratio for the small new elements will also compensate for reduced struts on the small sizes.

The new design looks like it has an evolution rather different from Switch's previous kites.