Switch Element V6

General Discussions
felix

Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:47 pm

Pretty Classic - People smash a design down with out even trying it or seeing it in the flesh.
Go out and try it and write your honest review.
The kite will speak for it self. No matter who designed it or what the aspect ratio is or how many Pulleys it has.
If something works - you have fun on it making the sport more enjoyable.
If the Switch test team did not find it was better than the E5 we still would be selling the E5. Its very simple.
Regards
Felix.
Brett

Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:01 pm

I'm hoping the 3-4-5m one strut sizes are lower in price when they come out to be more price competitive with other one strut trainer/foiling kites out there :) My Element 4 5m was $670. Would be good to have a lower price on those models for getting new people into the sport and make them accessible as trainer kites before moving onto larger sizes.

Can we please get kite weights?
GWS

Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:21 am

barrywind wrote:....
@ SwitchGreg - Nothing personal, but with your alias, you do realize that anything you say or write is going to be perceived as a bit biased, right? ....
SwitchGreg was just the first thing I thought of when registering. I am now GWS. I have nothing to do with Switch. I am just a customer.

The recent posts on this thread are an indication of what is wrong with the internet. Something new comes along and a bunch of armchair experts slam it based on no knowledge at all. As a self-proclaimed armchair expert I long ago learned that your opinion does not matter at all unless it is supported by sound experience and knowledge.
Faxie

Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:30 am

Lol, really? :roll:
wavepunk_okinawa

Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:20 am

<<Element 6 is the kite which i wanted. The perfect all-round kite with good jumping abilities and with some nice drift but now i have my Nitro 6 and it's difficult to sell them. Element 6 seems to be the same program as the Cab Switchblade and Slingshot Rally with 5 struts design but twice cheaper. Thank you very much Switch >>

wow OMG please no. hopefully the new E6 is NOTHING like the Switchblade and Rally....like I said typical pulley >floaty and laggy powerfull bow kites. They feel awfull in surf. There is no direct feel to them. They are the reason I "switched". I guess you could get used to them...they ARE user friendly and cook proof and easy to learn on.

If 6 pulleys and a new shape makes the E6 so much incredibly better I will give it a try.
But In my opinion a tweaked lighter weight E5 is just what switch needed to do.
Pierre-antoine JP
Element 7, 9, 11, 13

Team Rider Japan
Brett

Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:07 am

Went ahead and ordered a 4m to foil with. Will update mid Jan when I get a chance to ride it.
YakAttack

Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:55 am

Don’t fear the change. Felix is a money onshore wave rider and I’m sure he wouldn’t sell a kite he doesn’t actually use and love. Happy Holidays!
felix

Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:03 am

Working on getting more footage of people slaying on the new Element6 to put the skeptics to rest.
Also along with more reviews coming from people that have already purchased.
Enjoy - Happy holidays and hope you get on the water .
Stay safe.
Felix.
icedub

Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:42 am

I will say that this is the kite I was waiting for- a little less surf and a little more jump for my home (lake champlain, vt) spot. I finally picked up a nitro 6 in the 12m at the beginning of the summer but if this had been out, it would have been a no brainer. Time to replace my v3 9m element with one of these and see if it lives up to its description ☺
Gautiou

Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:19 pm

How is the low end of the Element 6 compared to the Nitro 6 please ?