Is controller 4 in development?

General Discussions
Damian

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:24 am

Clean and simple! Good looking too... when's the distribution starting?
huili88

Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:30 am

Nice hybrid of the North and Ben Wilson bar. Ben Wilson and ocean rodeo have used that QR for a couple of seasons now and it's great super simple and clean. The only ask is to replace the holding push pins with screws. I find it easy to loose the pins if trouble shooting on beach. Otherwise super excited for the bar.
Faxie

Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:39 pm

huili88 wrote:Nice hybrid of the North and Ben Wilson bar. Ben Wilson and ocean rodeo have used that QR for a couple of seasons now and it's great super simple and clean. The only ask is to replace the holding push pins with screws. I find it easy to loose the pins if trouble shooting on beach. Otherwise super excited for the bar.
Simple? When you pull the release, the lever will flip inwards a lot of times (or when you pull the cap up to reset) so you can peel it out first before you can push in the CL....

Can you imaging doing that underwater, or with gloves on?

I think it's one of the worst on the market right now... :oops: I really hope there's some sort of spring in there like the V3 release...
topmick

Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:31 pm

I think the bar looks nice, clean & simple but that QR is a bit of a disappointment.
Faxie

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:37 pm

topmick wrote:I think the bar looks nice, clean & simple but that QR is a bit of a disappointment.
+1

But I can live with it :mrgreen:
huili88

Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:20 am

Faxie wrote:Simple? When you pull the release, the lever will flip inwards a lot of times (or when you pull the cap up to reset) so you can peel it out first before you can push in the CL....

I think it's one of the worst on the market right now... :oops: I really hope there's some sort of spring in there like the V3 release...
[/quote]

Sorry to hear you have had other experience with the QR. I always thought it worked fine and it didn't really seem that much harder to reset then any of the other brand QRs I've used. As for simplicity of maintenance and function ( swivel/ attachment points/PU cover or not) the new QR is great.
Faxie

Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:22 am

huili88 wrote:
Faxie wrote:Simple? When you pull the release, the lever will flip inwards a lot of times (or when you pull the cap up to reset) so you can peel it out first before you can push in the CL....

Sorry to hear you have had other experience with the QR. I always thought it worked fine and it didn't really seem that much harder to reset then any of the other brand QRs I've used. As for simplicity of maintenance and function ( swivel/ attachment points/PU cover or not) the new QR is great.[/quote]

It resets easy if the pin is out, like it should be. But it's very easy to get the pin to fall inwards unfortunately...
huili88

Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:03 am

I wonder if Switch can keep the bar at around $300, considering the leased patent for QR. All the similar bars on market with same QR cost around $500.
Faxie

Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:35 am

huili88 wrote:I wonder if Switch can keep the bar at around $300, considering the leased patent for QR. All the similar bars on market with same QR cost around $500.
I hope it will cost less than the V3... but you're right about the patent. That's why I was wondering about the previous North style QR... It should help that there is no expensive swivel anymore.
josealferez

Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:47 pm

Am I the only one who didn't see the bar?? Anyone could please send it to me as PM? :)

Thank you!