Is controller 4 in development?

General Discussions
ooshaugh1

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:51 pm

Switch team and update on the pro bar and the spare parts? Looking to but a new 5 line bar and also some spares to upgrade some old bars.
Faxie

Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:06 pm

Rode it for the first time today. What can I say? It's a bar, and it works the way it should :mrgreen:

Grip is a lot softer than the V2/3, but I'm curious to see how well it survive 500hrs+ like my V2. The PU, as all PU's, sticks a bit when steering hard plus sheeting at the same time, but not a big deal really. It's more like the Ozone/F-One bar, so you can still crank it pretty hard without problems. Didn't use the clamcleat, so can't comment on that. Guess it'll work fine, like all clamcleats.

Some other things:

- If you're not using the high-V ring, best to remove it. The lines can get snagged behind it when launching. Will pull itself free, but why take any chances?

- I didn't like the way the swivel locks in the bar... if it's not in the correct position, it will not sit straight. A swivel like the V1/2/3 would sit better.

- I was well powered up (14m Legacy, 22-24 knots) and halfway through the session I noticed the stopper ball was broken. The screw was pushed right through the plastic by the bar...

- If you're not riding big sizes a lot, get the 46cm. The 55cm was fine for the 14m, but I'm not too sure if I would like it for the 7 or 9...
Bill C

Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:08 pm

Is there a video that shows the mechanics of the quick release being deployed and reloaded?
Bill C

Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:53 pm

Never mind, I just found the video in the Manual section.