Is controller 4 in development?

General Discussions
Faxie

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:00 pm

skred wrote:I admit the bar looks really fancy and seems to be a nice improvement over the C3. Well done Switch Team!

However, like some others here I was hoping for adjustable width so that I only need to carry 1 bar. Not my lucky day.

Some others have proposed alternative bars, e.g. a 2016 Liquid Force Response bar and the Kite Attitude Totem Bar (both selling for under 300 EUR atm).
Has anyone tested these on Nitros and Elements? Do they work fine?
Do you have any other recommendations for a single bar that I can use with my Switchkites quiver?

cheers.
Buy the V4 and put the V3 bar on it :mrgreen:
jorg

Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:14 am

hey
what is the %15 discount code? in my cart it still says $380..
SwitchGreg

Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:55 am

The discount appears at the checkout.
otaket

Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:25 pm

Andre wrote:After the C3 with some problems (heavy, not swimming, bad swivel, flagout problems, lost the magnet on the depower rope) i would wait for the first customer reviews of the 4x bar. For around 300 Euro i can buy a lot of new bars here in europe (yes season soldout but who cares). Slingshot an Cabrinha for example, and they work fine on my switch kites. So why spend 379 Euro (normal price, no start up discount) for the switch bar? I can´t see any big innovations, the first picture of the 4x shows standart parts that many brands used years ago ... Gin/Ben Wilson/Takoon for example. Manual untwisting, simple qr with no different loop sizes (look north 2018- fine), standart lines. For maybe 280 Euro ok, but in this price level i expect a bit more like auto untwisting by a cearmic swivel under the bar (new core bar - works perfect) or bomb proof lines like slingshot for example. So where´s the switch direct discount sale advantage from the first years (Price!)? Only my 2 cents and sorry for my bad english... :mrgreen:
totally agree with you
no different loop size, is this bar floating now ?, and no possibility to change size, for that it's too expensive
I have a goldenboard bar, it's 100€ cheaper, this bar is in full carbon, it floats, magnet for the trim, you can choose a small loop if you don't dehook or a big one for freestyle, so Switch, where are your low prices of your beginning ?
jmachtig

Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:23 pm

Hey,the new bar looks great. Two things: Hope Switch offers a super small chicken loop alternative like the Slingshot Talon to be used with a rope slider spreader bar. The price seems a little high too relative to their kites which are roughly half the price of most major brands. I would have liked to see the bar come in around $299 USD maximum.
IntrudaH

Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:47 pm

Andre wrote:For around 300 Euro i can buy a lot of new bars here in europe (yes season soldout but who cares).
You can't compare sale price with a price for a brand new product. That's just nonsense. Switch sometimes does deals in their factory outlet as well, at least for kites. And those prices are REALLY nice, even considering that in my country you can expect 15-30% off MSRP for any brand any time. Of course, it's sad that Switch had to rise the price for Ctrl4, but looks that there are many improvements too. And the work in far east countries gets more expensive every day. What is important for me that it should be easily modifiable, I like to shorten the bar to make it the right size for me and do other little tweaks, and for that they have to keep full inventory of parts. I can't wait what the Ctrl4Pro brings besides even bigger price :lol:
otaket wrote:I have a goldenboard bar, it's 100€ cheaper, this bar is in full carbon, it floats, magnet for the trim, you can choose a small loop if you don't dehook or a big one for freestyle, so Switch, where are your low prices of your beginning ?
Seems that you found your perfect bar. So why the fuss?
otaket

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:57 pm

because I appreciate Switch and I'm little bit disappointed, I think for the price the bar could be better
kite*hawk

Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:50 am

You guys are all ridiculous! You all asked for all these changes and Switch did the best they could to make a simple safe non maintenance bar and everybody is complaining without even buying one. Still super happy with my V2. Can easy modify and repair and yes like seeing the line wear so the PU is out for me. Hope the pro bar better suits my needs. you guys should worry more about your next trick or lip smASH!! Jeezzzz..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Faxie

Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:17 am

otaket wrote:because I appreciate Switch and I'm little bit disappointed, I think for the price the bar could be better
Similar current year bars are still 450,- or more... take last years models without the markups, guess what, you're at the Switch price point. So it really ain't that bad imo.

I like the fact that you can get a pretty big discount in combination with a kite now. And I don't have any sale numbers offcourse, but I have the feeling that there are not a lot of people riding other brand kites with a Switch bar, so it seems kind of logical to sell kite+bar in a package deal like pretty much all the shops are doing. Probably not a big market for single bar sales.

What's better? 10 features nobody uses? Let's be honest... how many people actually use the adjustability? That Goldenboard bar isn't adjustable, so you don't seem to care for that too :P

I can't think of much to improve on the new bar. Coated safetyline would be nice, but you'll lose the bungee. V2 and V3 were very adjustable, but people apparently didn't care for it. So the new goal was simple, durable and light, and that's exacly what this bar is. And I think Switch is still the only one, or one of the few, to use splices in stead of sleeves, and those are proven to be stronger. Sleeves are the weak points of all kitelines.
Faxie

Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:25 am

kite*hawk wrote:You guys are all ridiculous! You all asked for all these changes and Switch did the best they could to make a simple safe non maintenance bar and everybody is complaining without even buying one. Still super happy with my V2. Can easy modify and repair and yes like seeing the line wear so the PU is out for me. Hope the pro bar better suits my needs. you guys should worry more about your next trick or lip smASH!! Jeezzzz..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's one thing I noticed over the years... because Switch is probably the only brand that's really active online, every nitpick some people have ends up online too. So there will allways be some people complaining.

Take bar pressure for example.... first Switches had high bar pressure, lots of people complained about it, so they changed it to low pressure, guess what? People complained about it. So it's somewhere inbetween now, guess what.... still some people complaining.... lol.

Or take colours: White and black in the beginning... noooo white's bad because it gets dirty. Blacks bad because they heat up in the sun. And you can't see the kites very well on the water blabla. So the kites get more colour.... nope not good.... OMG black Core kites!!! I want them!! :shock:

:mrgreen: