Is controller 4 in development?

General Discussions
Bill C

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:22 pm

I guess it depends how much input you give the bar. I have the Controller 3 and I use the 55cm setting down to 8m. Anything smaller, the kite gets pretty 'twitchy' with a bar that wide. I move my steering lines to the 45cm setting and its just more comfortable and predictable.
Last edited by Bill C on Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
icedub

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:36 pm

For those of you who don't follow @switchkites on Instagram, I found this in their story this morning:

https://vimeo.com/233314649/310900ea2c

(sorry for the audio sync issue, when I hooked my iPhone into the screen recorder, Instagram somehow blocked the audio from going through, so I had to record and sync it manually)
Mariomazz

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:15 pm

Only to sum up: Element5 11mt complete with bag, pump and bar should cost around euro 1.238 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Eugene wrote:C2 245 Euro
C3 261 Euro
C4 315.09 Euro + Perhaps double the shipping costs of alternatives

C2 245 Euro
C3 261 Euro
Kite Attitude 279 Euro http://www.wetestkites.com/2016/06/04/a ... -euro-bar/ You can't spend any points for more discount. I see some similiraties.

Did you have an alternative, if so which was/is it ? I think it is not so good of an idea to ride switch kites with other bars, also if you want to sell the set afterwards it doesn't look that good. BTW the bar isn't actually ordeable yet,so a bit of an impulsive decision.
SWITCH KITES Team rider - Element5 7 Element4 5,9 Element3 11 - Control V3 - Board Firewire KP1 5,11 and KHF 5,10
huili88

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:16 pm

Just checked out price. 15% off introduction price of $380 usd. Done I'm in all other comparable bars on market with same features are$450-500usd. Get it before it goes up. For the past 4yr I've made my own bars and moded bars locally this is the first time I've seen something with all the right options at a price point that I can't match.
gupmyster

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:59 pm

Switch have advised me that the prices initially advised on their website (quoted above) are not the final price. Some 'deals' to be announced soon!
Please help feed my kite addiction - pls use referral code 658889 when signing up and purchasing from Switch - good karma will flow!!

Element V5 10m & 13m
Nitro V6 8m
Ozone Zephyr 2015 17m
Leftcoast, New Zealand
josealferez

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:46 pm

icedub wrote:For those of you who don't follow @switchkites on Instagram, I found this in their story this morning:

https://vimeo.com/233314649/310900ea2c

(sorry for the audio sync issue, when I hooked my iPhone into the screen recorder, Instagram somehow blocked the audio from going through, so I had to record and sync it manually)
thanks for the video! :)
niko1

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:02 pm

the new bar is sick good job Switch i hope will come soon in Europe and watch all the reviews from around the world tombs up ;) ;) ;)
Switch Element4 7-9
Board -Naish skater 5.2 2016
please use referral code 104027 when signing up and purchasing from Switch make a good thing to get a good things
Faxie

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:13 pm

Well, I must say it look almost the same as the Gin/Ben Wilson/Peter Lynn bar, but that's not a bad thing at all, and certainly not at that pricepoint (did some comparing...PL is 500,- Gin 440,- Crazyfly 550,- Takoon 540,- for example)

I wished the safetyline would be PU coated as well, but that's an easy mod...

I wonder what the Pro version will bring. Might get that one too :mrgreen:
topmick

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:26 pm

Atomas wrote:I wonder how a 7m element would handle with the 55cm bar. Maybe some experienced riders will have a idea.
I use a 55cm bar with my 7m E5, fly it on 20m lines - surf style.
Goes great, the faster the better imo.
djbear33k

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:29 pm

Why would you buy one??? Having seen the new photos online i cant see a reason to buy it. Let me explain

Things i like about the bar

Lighter
Simple
bar floats smaller
simple safety release
above bar swivel gone (Atlast!!!)

Things i dont like

1. Bar grip ( I seen this type of bar grip wear heavily and in not much time, i dont see what was wrong with the previous grip, personally i never had issue with it ( I dont have soft dainty hands))
2. Trim Handle ( I cant believe it has a fabric handle, a tab with a magnet is all it needs this type of handle flaps in the wind and wears badly is horrible to hold and use)
3. High split (why do i need to move the high split i find this unnecessary and adding cost to the bar which is not needed)
4. Mini Kite leash ( I find this very disappointing, this would look like for the nitro atleast i have to buy a 4 line bar which i cannot do freestyle with as the leash is too short i would have to buy a legacy which some customers may not want to do, personally i own legacy kites and love it but i did own Nitros which helped me get into freestyle which i wouldnt have been able to do with a short leash atleast add the option in purchasing what size leash they want)
5. Multiple size bars ( just make 1 bar please i dont want choice like other brands trying to sell me stuff i dont want or need like north with its multiple bar setups which cost a fortune, most people wouldn't notice the difference so just make one size for all, switch customers are not idiots they know that they are not going to land a new trick or move cause they have a bar which is 8cm smaller).
6. Cost ( Switch you have priced yourselves out of the market it should price around £250 GBP not £350 this is a price which i can buy north (which i personally hate), blade unibar or naish bar, all of which are finished better than the switch bar and cost the same or less (eg buying last years models for example).
7. Style ( I cant say that the new bar looks nice at all it looks cheap and very dated (Like and old cabrinha bar which again i do not like), you are now charging premium price for a product which looks cheep and tacky so again priced yourselves out).
8. Plastic tube on depower line ( this is one i really hate, cause i know sand gets stuck in the tube wears the depower line and bam it snaps without me knowing mid air, if i can see it i can change it before this kind of thing happens, i got no problem buying spare depower lines, if i were to buy a bar i personally would remove the plastic horrible tube).

Overall i see it as a frustrating thing which switch has made, its overpriced looks tacky and i cant see why i would buy one, i would struggle not to buy a Naish (ok the naish bar has big floats which annoy me apart from that superb bar) or Blade unibar which i think look very nice and simple and are bot priced around £300 which is less that the switch bar. Its also frustrating as i like switch as a brand and its ethos is the best, but dont try to be like other brands offering multiple choices and confusing customers be a leader not a follower. I hope i get to see one in person and eat my words as i only want switch to be the best product it can be and allow riders the best kite experience they can get without costing the world. I hope the bar for freestyle is different ( But i doubt it will be), personally i would have made the existing bar lighter and without the silly swivel and cleaned it up not gone for a copy of cabrinha bar. I think you went too far with the changes being a design engineer myself i see this as a starting point a first draft if you will but needs allot of improvement in my eyes.