Is controller 4 in development?

General Discussions
waterstart

Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi Switch!

Would you mind relieving if you are developing next controller and when would be the release?
And maybe more details if e.g. chicken loop line will be covered with plastic and will the bar have elastic bar ends as many others do?

Thank you!
queneseb

Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:20 pm

yes :mrgreen: but no infos yet
My Referral Code: 100485
(Use my Code 100485 when Sign up or Buying on switchkites.com and obtain benefits, Rewards + Naked women !!)
fmilland

Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:35 am

Can't wait for release date! Hope it comes with a comfier/cushion grip!
barrywind

Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:10 pm

IMHO, covering the chicken loop line isn't all win-win...
1-You might reduce the initial wear rate, but you will not be able to see what's going on under the urethane coating/tubing. Most setups using tubing will trap sand/debris inside the tubing, which invisibly wears the line. I'd rather be able to see and evaluate the wear, in order to replace the line before it breaks.
2 - Assuming the C4 has the same two-strand setup, covering the line will not allow the cleat to be adjusted up and down, in order to accommodate different bar throws.
My 3-cents...
-Barry
waterstart wrote:Hi Switch!
...chicken loop line will be covered with plastic...
Thank you!
Thankfully I've only got one Switch kite in my quiver, a 15.5m Helium2. Send a PM if you want to buy it.
My Referral code = Sorry, No Longer a Pimp for Switch :(
-Barry
topmick

Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:32 pm

IMO, the controller3 could have done much harm to Switch sales, everyone knows they sink & have a safety issue.
Sooner the C4 is released the better.
jorg

Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:35 pm

+1
topmick wrote:IMO, the controller3 could have done much harm to Switch sales, everyone knows they sink & have a safety issue.
Sooner the C4 is released the better.
kite*hawk

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:08 pm

Tentative Release date? winter, spring, summer?
fmilland

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: V4 Controller Release Date?
Postby Switch Design » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:13 pm

Target is Spring (North America) release. They are working hard to make sure it will be a good system. Patience required.
Cheers!
Switch Design

kite*hawk

Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:11 pm

Cool. I can wait til spring. Not much wind this winter in NC.
fluidity

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:09 pm

*critical*
Please revise quick release.
This week I tested mine and it wouldn't operate. I washed it persistently until it was releasing but it was still sticky. On examination the fixed ramp has tiny wear around where the corners of the metal squared loop press against it so that where the metal loop sits the edges of the static metal ramp are rounded but further towards me, the ramp edges are squared.
It would make sense to round the edges of the ramp all the way along to redistribute wear to the flat surfaces instead.
There are many other ways of providing a quick release to the loop. My O.R. chickenloop quick release is simply a sturdy strap held folded back towards the user until the quick release is pushed and opens up an angle for the stiff end section of the strap to flip straight and pull back from the retainer pin. We kite at beaches so the release must be able to work with grit, sand etc in the mechanism. If it doesn't then the design is a fail.
One year ago when I first looked at the switch quick release I was mystified at the complexity of it and surprised at the length of the mechanism.
Anything that is elegant and allows full bar pull closer to the body is great, especially for people with short arms who need all the bar throw they can physically manage to be productive bar throw!