Nitro 6 Reviews !

General Discussions
queneseb

Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:51 pm

let us know damian how good it its ;)
My Referral Code: 100485
(Use my Code 100485 when Sign up or Buying on switchkites.com and obtain benefits, Rewards + Naked women !!)
Bill C

Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:57 am

Finally got a chance to fly my 10m Nitro6 yesterday. I must have ordered it about a month ago, but hasn't been windy enough to use. I also own the 12m Nitro5 and 8m Element5. All three are great kites. 12m is a little heavy, but once its in the air, its fine. Yesterday started off pretty windy so I used my 8m Element5 for a couple of hours which is always a treat.

Wind backed off so I pumped the 10m Nitro6. Definitely turns faster than my 12m Nitro5 (which it should) and not quite as fast as my 8m Element, but pretty close and totally acceptable. Element pivots while the Nitro turns. If you like flying 5 strut kites and get the flying characteristics Nitro offers, this kite delivers. Construction is top notch, graphics look great in the sky (I bought the black/orange) and doesn't weigh a lot. I put it in the water once and had no problems relaunching. My kiting is off the beach in choppy conditions and mostly twin-tip. I'll hop on my directional periodically.

I've only had one session, but it delivered a 'wow' factor. Can't wait to use it again.
queneseb

Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:20 pm

Hi bill C, if you want to compare it, please compare it size to size..

You compare N6 10sqm with N5 12 sqm and N6 10 Sqm with E8sqm lol .. Of course with that comparaison a 10 gonna go faster than a 12.. and also a 8 etc :lol: ...
My Referral Code: 100485
(Use my Code 100485 when Sign up or Buying on switchkites.com and obtain benefits, Rewards + Naked women !!)
Bill C

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:07 pm

Queneseb, of course I know that, but I don't have a Nitro5 (or earlier) 10m to compare against. Cheers. :D
Macster

Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:26 am

Had the chance to fly the 14m N5 and N6 back to back last weekend. N6 definitely loops and turns better and has lighter bar pressure.

The N6 has slightly less low end and grunt but this is deceptive and feels worse than it really is cause of the lighter bar pressure. I also found the N6 wanted to sit slightly more overhead in the wind window. This is not a problem in good wind but if it's light and you dont trim the bar I think it could be slightly more prone to 'hindenburging' as a couple of times I had to step backwards or turn the kite to stop it flying over my head.

Overall, I like the N6 better and I think Switch have made subtle, but real improvements in the latest model beyond the colour changes that some other brands can be guilty of.

I might have mentioned it before, at my weight I thought the 14m would solve for 12 -16 knots (which is common wind where I live), but in reality, it's a kite that needs to be flown in it's mid to upper wind range, which for me means 14 knots plus. If I had of somehow known this earlier I would have opted to get the 15 Helium instead as that still turns well and would have guaranteed performance at 12 knots, maybe less.

Given this, I dont find the 14m getting much use and Im going to sell it.
fluidity

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:26 pm

Macster, I have the v5 Nitro 14m too and I love it.
I'm 100kg and I had the Nitro out yesterday afternoon in gusty light wind conditions, Just enough to get started, marginal relaunching(Only had to relaunch once).
Challenging light end of it's range but still pulling my 100KG around no problem. When the wind died off in parts I could still work it up and down easily like a small kite, work it overhead for lift and starting and with the high aspect ratio it's got the power once going to give the top end acceleration to pass through lulls. So easy to jump with now I've had a half dozen sessions with it and jump HIGH. The kite is FAST, so I can flick it around even on little waves for quick wave face transitions and there is god bar feel of kite position. When big gusts come i just let out the bar and the gusts pass easily past it.
Unlike my Element v4 11m, the Nitro turns well even at high bar de-power and has much better wind range.
Borby

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:17 pm

This image was taken from King of the Air 2016 (assuming it is run at the same time as this year, in February). That kite looks very similar to the latest Nitro 6 :shock:
Nitro 6.jpg
Nitro 6.jpg (43.7 KiB) Viewed 4408 times
Does that mean at this years 2017 KOA there will be the Nitro 7?
Lance

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:19 pm

Borby wrote:That kite looks very similar to the latest Nitro 6 :shock:
That was definitely a Legacy V1
Borby

Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:03 pm

Good call, on the Legacy 1. So does that mean that not a lot of thought has gone into the graphics for the Nitro 6 or was there a bit of left over material left from the Legacy 1 days and it was easier just to take the same approach?
mbevo

Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:25 am

idk but for some reason I LOVE that color of blue and yellow. looks sick. wish legacy v2 has better colors