Chicken loop line replacement help?

General Discussions
icedub

Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:19 pm

I ordered several parts to replace on my V2 controller that were worn. The safety/quick release line was an easy replacement, but now I'm on to the chicken loop line. The help videos start with a bar already taken apart with no line. Any tips for how to remove the existing line so it goes smoothly? Do I just cut the knot at the ball and remove the line?

I wish the switch videos had some narration or subtitles! It moves fast and you're not always sure what the person is doing with their hands.
huili88

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:48 pm

Can you please link the video you are talking about? The chicken loop should pull out after you push the metal pin out that is under the quick release cover. There are no knotts in the chicken loop.
Andre

Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:41 pm

Think he means this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PovHY9N6cNM

No cutting needed, pull the old line out of the depower ball and open the knot. Then open the stopper ball (remove the screw) and remove the black cap from the chicken loop. Now you can remove the old line. A new line goes smoothly through all holes, no big deal. Dont forget to calibrate your lines after replacing the line, you can fix that with the knot in the depower ball or with the knots at the steering lines under the floaters.
icedub

Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:40 pm

Exactly! Thank you, that was helpful. I just did it successfully. Wasn't as hard as I thought!