Shipping options ..And Costs.

General Discussions
Goofy

Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:25 am

I would like to see the shipping cost separately as well, most other online shops I've dealt with calculate shipping separately and charge accordingly as to the destination. Are there any other (cheaper) shipping methods available?

Costs have really jumped in the last year, about 12 months ago I bought a 7m E3 for I think it was $599(?) a 7m E4 is now $916, I know the Aust $ has been hit hard the last year and I would think that must has a bigger impact than shipping cost but that's still a big jump.

Switch kites pricing has generally meant it is easy to absorb any hit you may take when turning kites over for a new one, as prices go up this can change. Having said that I would rather pay more than have quality compromised.

Deals like the 1/2 price bar when you buy a kite are great, I reckon that's a great incentive and should be kept as a permanent offer.

Also how about location details for the buy and sell section??
kite*hawk

Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:40 pm

FREE SHIPPING ROCKS! DO NOT GET RID OF IT!!!@
dimip

Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:29 pm

Free shipping is a + and at the moment shipping cost for spare parts for example also doesn't work good. I place 3-4 items that cost more than 200 and not heavy example lines and get 45 shipping cost and then I put bar only and other heavy items and I get only 25 shipping cost.
Test was made some time before a month or so. Fix this and see after for no free delivery anymore
jaysmith

Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:05 am

Free shipping is good but I suppose the shipping is now irrelevant for me.
I've been saving for three months for an 11M Element 4 and was just about to purchase this morning and found all the prices had gone up more than 10%.
Biggest problem is the price has been pushed over the 1000 AUD mark which makes GST and Import duties come into play.
Joeslay

Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:59 pm

Hey Guys ,
I thought the very same way. Switch have kept the Aussie customer in mind and I'm very grateful .
I recently received my new nitro5 with no additional taxes thanks to few extra clicks when checking out.
When you proceed to your cart you will be notified by a pop up box.

"Please note your item will be shipped out of Hong Kong any order declared over 1000AUD could attract additional taxes that is your responsibility"
Click OK

Proceed thru your order - Select your Shipping Free- The next page will pop up with with payment info select type of payment then the next page will show your final totals of your order.

Under your Grand total to the left is DECLARE YOUR VALUE BOX
You can declare any amount in there KEEP IT UNDER 1000AUD you will NOT get hit with taxes in Australia.
My package did get split into two shipments as I had a few more items.
But did get my gear with no hassle.

Thank you Switch for keeping kiteboarding affordable in Australia where prices are out of hand for kitesurfing gear.
Attachments
tax declare.png
tax declare.png (242.47 KiB) Viewed 2805 times
jaysmith

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:25 am

Joeslay wrote:Hey Guys ,
I thought the very same way. Switch have kept the Aussie customer in mind and I'm very grateful .
I recently received my new nitro5 with no additional taxes thanks to few extra clicks when checking out.
When you proceed to your cart you will be notified by a pop up box.

"Please note your item will be shipped out of Hong Kong any order declared over 1000AUD could attract additional taxes that is your responsibility"
Click OK

Proceed thru your order - Select your Shipping Free- The next page will pop up with with payment info select type of payment then the next page will show your final totals of your order.

Under your Grand total to the left is DECLARE YOUR VALUE BOX
You can declare any amount in there KEEP IT UNDER 1000AUD you will NOT get hit with taxes in Australia.
My package did get split into two shipments as I had a few more items.
But did get my gear with no hassle.

Thank you Switch for keeping kiteboarding affordable in Australia where prices are out of hand for kitesurfing gear.
Thanks joeslay,
Ill keep saving my dough until I can do that.
Cheers jay
john251

Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:27 pm

I like the free shipping. I like the fact that we effectively insure each other against the post code lottery. I think it also helps switch appear to be a truly international operator.
willruck808

Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:57 pm

Everybody wants a deal. Even I went for the Helium big kite because it was a 1/3 the price of a top brand. My first Switch kite..
I was so impressed with the service, the kite , product, the free shipping, ( no brainer), I bought the 13m Element. The cost of a new Element compared to a used other brand, ( no brainer).
I want to get the 9m Element to complete my quiver so don't change anything yet...
Kaito

Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:53 pm

I'm very close to HK, so shipping cost charges would be minimal, and prob wont effect my purchasing decision. However, if I were farther away from HK & the charges were substantial, I'd give my purchase more thought.

Maybe a distribution hub at locations further away from HK? Where product could be sent/consolidated in bulk, at a lower shipping rate(assumption..), then sent out at a lower postal fee to those around the hub.

Just a thought..

Great for Switch to reach out to the customers & get our feedback.
Thanks!
K.
queneseb

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:05 pm

Or .. made SK center with your best TR, with a lot of news kite and size available.. hand to hand or shipment if distance > 50 km.

= New Option --> Closer Kite to you for free shipping --> Guadeloupe --> Like a shop without the marging

Just an idea
My Referral Code: 100485
(Use my Code 100485 when Sign up or Buying on switchkites.com and obtain benefits, Rewards + Naked women !!)