Shipping options ..And Costs.

General Discussions
felix

Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:57 am

Hello ,
Our company philosophy is to offer high quality kite boarding products at a fair price. We are constantly searching for ways to save cost within our organization and distribution network. However Due a current evaluation of our shipping costs we needed to adjust prices on our shipping costs. Currency fluctuations also play a great role in this especially in certain parts of the globe than others.

Currently our Shipping is calculated and averaged across the 100 different countries we ship to and added to the final price of each product.

One option we are currently looking at is removing the shipping cost from our kite price and and charging depending on your destination. Just a thought right now.

This will eliminate free shipping all together.

Whilst we have this on the table we would appreciate any feed back on this topic.

Kind Regards
Felix.
YakAttack

Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:16 am

I would prefer to see lower priced gear and seperate shipping costs. Getting rid of free shipping likely won't impact customer's purchasing decisions. I work for the 27th largest company in the US and we are getting rid of free shipping for this reason and also improving price transparency for online orders.
snalberski

Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:04 am

Its hard to know. For me it may work out better... I live in Perth Western Australia and shipping costs from Hong Kong would be at the very low end. Having said that I think the free shipping is a huge draw. I know if I ever shop on ebay the first thing I do is click free shipping.
felix

Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:11 am

Great Feed back .
Keep it coming...
Felix.
hongchew

Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:59 am

Another option to consider is to ship all items ordered in 1 shipment, and free shipping with kites only

I was actually surprised when I ordered my kite and a pump, that each was shipped separatly. For the pump, the shipping cost was close to USD $10, and I was wondering how you could be profitable with that
DvB

Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:57 am

Averaging your shipping costs across your customer base means that some customers will benefit by having reduced shipping costs at the expense of others. The fairest method I reckon would be as per what you are considering, to remove the shipping cost from the price of an item and have a separate cost for shipping. This would only work, however, if the shipping cost calculation was a simple, one click affair when doing on-line orders. whatever the solution, it needs to be simple. I found with my recent on-line purchases of Switch products that the whole purchase/shipping process was extremely easy and efficient. One of the advantages of having the shipping costs included is that a potential customer can get an exact idea of the cost without having to process an order. If this could be done during a browse, say, select your items, select your location, get a shipping cost, and then proceed further if you like the price, that would be good.
Alysum

Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:40 am

I'd say get rid of shipping cost in the kite price so people know what how much they are paying for the kite. Plus they would want to be able to choose between different shopping methods/tracking.

I'd like to point out that with the recent surge in approx AU$100 of kite prirces, it still uses the slow-ish standard shipping which takes about 6 days from Hong Kong to Sydney (not sure why it's slowish and expensive for a short distance?). And if I wanted to upgrade to "speed post" that's an extra AU$257 !

I do not understand the logic will all those new shipping costs, it gives the perception that profit is made from shopping costs.
E5 7m, E3 9m, H3 12m & Reo 9m
topmick

Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:11 am

I see the 9m EV4 has now gone up almost $200AU since September 2015, bar/pump/bag are all up.

I guess shipping is next :?:
queneseb

Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:53 pm

Personnaly i like the "Free shipping" because i live in Caribbean and depend of HK Warehouse ! So it gonna be more expense for me for sure !
Maybe for EU Warehouse it could be interested to separated shipping and cost because difference between sending in France or in Italia shouldn't be huge.

My thought is that in the consummer mind (KH warehouse) if kite + bar is at 700USD and there is 150 USD of shipping (example), people gonna thought.. "hum shipping cost is too high".. or 850€ with free shipping.. "hum kite is at a good price :D"

And free shipping also contribute to highlight of the brand, free shipping + warranty lifetime + 30 days, ...
My Referral Code: 100485
(Use my Code 100485 when Sign up or Buying on switchkites.com and obtain benefits, Rewards + Naked women !!)
Faxie

Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:36 pm

Maybe offer free shipping on orders above a certain amount (say 1500,- or something) so you get a discount when ordering multiple kites/boards/bars?