when will controller 3 quick release be available?

General Discussions
carmine580

Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:53 pm

it seems the controller 3 quick release is not available and i am would like to know when it will be available.

also i am looking to convert my controller 1 to the 3 using single line flagging with the 3 quick release and would like to know what parts i will need to convert it. i would like to still use the 1 bar, floats, and the depower loop.

thanks Carmine
huili88

Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:07 am

Carmie580,
I had a chance to work on my buddy's v3 bar recently, and the quick release doesn't look that different from v2 other then color and an added rubber band to assist re assembly after quick release deployment. If you are willing to pop out a couple of pins in the quick release you can add that rubber band. The bands are very similar to ones used to align dental braces. The other things you will need are the swivel although there are some arguments to its functionality and depower ball with magnent. You will prob want a new depower line also if you are going to do this.
islandson

Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:56 pm

When will the replacement chicken loop for the v2 be back in stock?
barrywind

Fri May 11, 2018 1:47 am

carmine580,

I'd seriously consider changing to something other than the C3 release replacement. There is something weird that goes on with the [C1 to C3] chicken loop end not sliding down the angled face of the hold down ramp after a bit of time. My wife was standing next to me in waist deep water, as I was having her go thru a self rescue. She released and it didn't release. I thought it was operator error, so I moved her bar onto my harness. I pulled the plastic sleeve and nothing happened. Yanking and tugging didn't get the metal loop of the chicken loop to slide out. In your hand, with no load, the lever is as smooth as silk. Put a load on it and it binds. It seems a tiny groove gets worn into the ramp from the chicken loop end, but it's very subtle. IMHO, it that's what it takes for my chicken loop to not release, then I have zero faith in it releasing in a crisis.
I replaced with a Slingshot Sentinel assembly, because that's what was available and I know they work. Slingshot offers multiple length and type chicken loops too, but any trusted brand release assembly should work, as long as you match line lengths.
BTW, I also ditched the sometimes problematic Switch swivel and replaced with the Slingshot Surefire Clutch.

-Barry

carmine580 wrote:it seems the controller 3 quick release is not available and i am would like to know when it will be available.

also i am looking to convert my controller 1 to the 3 using single line flagging with the 3 quick release and would like to know what parts i will need to convert it. i would like to still use the 1 bar, floats, and the depower loop.

thanks Carmine
Thankfully I've only got one Switch kite in my quiver, a 15.5m Helium2. Send a PM if you want to buy it.
My Referral code = Sorry, No Longer a Pimp for Switch :(
-Barry