Switchkites LEGACY kite used by MJ in PKRA Tarifa

General Discussions
YakAttack

Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:48 pm

Thanks Marc! Purchased the 10m and will get the full quiver as I sell my old kites. I will be the only one locally who rides Switch and I can't wait to throw down and spread the word! :D

BTW 40 so any help with more line slack will help my old shoulders ha ha. Good to hear about the wing tips catching on loops, there has been more than a few times when Im lit and sheeting out and pulling the kite like heck to get it to accelerate back up from the bottom of the loop and hoping it gets above me by the time I hit the water thinking the whole time "why'd you do that stupid?". Also On my old sle kites I could hardly generate any slack so I just had to muscle it or pop towards the kite if I wanted to make an air pass. Slack will be so nice.
BamBam

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:44 pm

Now that we are talking slack (the legacy's main quality Yay!), which front attachment gives you more of it?

The pop attachment will of course increase the pop and grunt since it will make the kite sit deeper in the window, but what will happen with the slack?

For some hybrids it seems like moving the front line closer to the trailing edge actually decreases the slack. However, the legacy is designed to behave differently when loaded and released. The legacy 12m I demoed was set up in the pop attachment and even sitting deeper it was really easy to go upwind. The slack was great, but since I didn't get to try the other attachment I'm wondering what would have happened.
SimonP

Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:57 pm

Two questions:

Is the 12m Legacy the nearest equivalent to replacing a Combat 11m? It sounds as if it would give a slightly better low end and maybe a better top end.

How well do the Legacy's drift? You always needed to keep the Combat moving while riding waves.
Floyd Rose

Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:49 am

marcjacobskite wrote:Hi Floyd Rose,

I think the Nitro 4 or 5 will Suit with you much more, Why? because you will not have to adjust your bar at all between all the 3 kites. Both the nitro and Legacy loop and unhooked loop fine. The Nitro is a overall round better kite for big air style tricks. As soon as you start to unhooking more then you big air jump's and want to progress you unhook level more ever session then i will recommend going for the legacy but right now the Nitro is still your weapon of choose.

hope this helps.

MJ
thanks for the input, marc.

ill give those nitros a go, and try to demo the leagcy somewhere here at my place sometime.
marcjacobskite

Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:00 am

SimonP

The legacy 12 is closer to the 13 then 11 id say because you really don't have to work them much to get going like the combat it was a bit of an ongoing battle to keep the Combat kite happy planning. But the amazing thing is you can hold the legacy up to two kite size compared to a combat so for example if your on your 11 combat you could hold the 12m Legacy all the way up to riding the 9m combat and still pull your moves that over powered. as for drifting you will have to ask felix as i haven't tested it in waves yet.
marcjacobskite

Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:06 am

to BamBam,

for me i ride the lower front line attachment so yes this does create more pop power and overall make the kite fell more alive in jumps and loops and unhooked. I fell the slack is more responsive on the lower setting. But the upper attachment slacks fine to i can still preform all my doubles on the upper setting as well i just find i have to use my kite a bit more for pop etc which is why i prefer the lower setting. All depends what your after the upper knot provide amazing de power even more the the Nitro.
marcjacobskite

Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:10 am

to YAKYAK,

Good to hear mate. Yeah the SLE kites are pretty hard to create slack you will feel like your shoulder wants to rip out lol. but the Legacy will feel good you will love them.
kite*hawk

Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:41 am

Switched from the Combats to Elements a while back as I surf way more than wake/freestyle these days. Was thinking about getting a Legacy for those flat water TT days. How is the boost on the Legacy Marc? Will you use it in the big air comps? Glad to see you on the forum Marc!
marcjacobskite

Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:07 am

To Kite Hawk,

the boost is actually super good very very close to nitro. and yes i was using the Legacy and Nitro in the big Air comps as i prefer mega looping on the Legacy then the Nitro. You will love it.

Cheers,
paul84

Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:46 am

hi,

any reviews on the 14 yet?
want to sell my 12 rpm for a nice 14 m freestyle kite. i'm quite heavy ~195 pounds at 6,1

low end should be ok and also the highend because my next kite will be a 10m rpm.
mainly tt for some nice freestyle sessions ...

thanks, Paul