WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE FROM SWITCH IN THE FUTURE

General Discussions
dtmt

Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:44 pm

GWS wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:39 am
I would like a high aspect, high performance, go fast, big boosting kite. Presumably that would be a new Nitro.

I am very happy with my Elements (4 and 5) and my Heliums. I feel that when blasting upwind on my foil I reach terminal velocity and can't go any faster. My kite mate has the same gear but higher aspect kites and is generally a touch faster than me. I am hoping a higher aspect kite would give me that extra bit of speed.

I don't want to race or buy foil kites or anything like that. I just want to feel the maximum exhilaration when blasting flat out upwind on my foil.
Agreed. I liked the Nitro5 (didn't try the 6) ok but just wasn't exciting until really lit. I know the 6's lost weight but I think - if anything - a LIGHT WEIGHT, high aspect, turbo-boosting, elevator riding, glide inspired, 14M Nitro would be a great snowkite. I've used my HE3 14M some & it's fun but doesn't quite deliver the hang time & floaty/glidy goodness my Flysurfer Boost 2 delivers. Only thing is - I hate the guy that runs FS USA so I'll never buy another.....also over-engineered with the rear bridles that like to tangle on everything during setup. Most of my snowkiting buddies that enjoy staying aloft in long floaty glides are flying Ozone Edges & love them.....I like them too & have a good dealer & its getting close to replacement time on my Boost 2 ..... so ....... should I wait or????????
GWS

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:17 am

I like the look of the Edges, and for a while they were the kite of choice for foilers where I am. The race foilers have all moved to foil kites and the rest of us are on surf kites.

The big problem I have with Ozone and other premium brands is that they are so expensive. A friend of a friend turned up at our beach with his new Cabrinha Switchblade 12m. AUD$2700 for a kite and bar. A Helium 3 12m and bar is less than half the price. The Cabrinha bar is far superior to the Switch, but the kite is not a lot different.

That is the real problem with using Switch kites. Once you've bought a few it's hard to seriously consider any other brand.
Eugene

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:57 pm

I know the new bar doesn't have it I think but nevertheless. Maybe it is possible to have seeing-through floaters since people make sometimes mistakes, so you can check on the water on which settings your gear is for example. Maybe something to think about for other/future bars, I don't know how click bars work exactly but maybe that bar has something similar already.
Kites: Nitro V6 10m, Element V3 9m & Legacy v2 9m
Bar: 2x Controller3
Boards: Twintip MJ Comp V2 140x43
Gautiou

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:44 pm

I wish I could find a kite that boost high in jumps with a good hangtime and with the ability for waveriding , like the Naish Pivot.
Faxie

Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:58 pm

Gautiou wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:44 pm
I wish I could find a kite that boost high in jumps with a good hangtime and with the ability for waveriding , like the Naish Pivot.
Element 6? They are similar I believe.