Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:49 pm

Bring back the rewards program.
Kent

Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:23 pm

A kitewing.
Perth, Western Australia
dtmt

Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:23 pm

Check out OR's new Aluula fabric. If the hype is anywhere near truth it could be a true game changer....H4?
Faxie

Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:34 pm

dtmt wrote:
Check out OR's new Aluula fabric. If the hype is anywhere near truth it could be a true game changer....H4?
Don't count on it too much. Nice for bigger sizes where weight matters more, but that's mostly it. Diameter reduction would be marginal, and long term reliability is still unsure. Plus don't forget that the compressed air in the tube weighs the kite down too. It's most probably a woven dyneema fabric, and one of the problems with dyneema is that it's very slippery, so a fabric would rely more on coating than polyester equivalents. My fear is that over the years the weave might loosen up, compromising the stitching locations.

I hope I'm wrong though. My believe over the last years was always that real future improvements could only be made through materials and not design (excluding single skin hybrid designs) so who knows. Still don't think it'll make a world of difference for average and smaller sizes.

Switch has to rely on their suppliers too, and since those are pretty small brands, I don't think you'll see the new fabric on those designs anytime soon.
Bill C

Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:51 am

People buying Switch kite are beginning to gain traction at my local beach. Problem is we all look alike. I understand simple graphics keep costs down, but Switch ought to offer fabric/graphic choices for customers willing to pay additional price.
dtmt

Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:43 pm

Faxie wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:34 pm
dtmt wrote:
Don't count on it too much. Nice for bigger sizes where weight matters more, but that's mostly it. Diameter reduction would be marginal, and long term reliability is still unsure. Plus don't forget that the compressed air in the tube weighs the kite down too. It's most probably a woven dyneema fabric, and one of the problems with dyneema is that it's very slippery, so a fabric would rely more on coating than polyester equivalents. My fear is that over the years the weave might loosen up, compromising the stitching locations.

I hope I'm wrong though. My believe over the last years was always that real future improvements could only be made through materials and not design (excluding single skin hybrid designs) so who knows. Still don't think it'll make a world of difference for average and smaller sizes.

Switch has to rely on their suppliers too, and since those are pretty small brands, I don't think you'll see the new fabric on those designs anytime soon.
I've talked to a couple of people who've actually flown the prototypes. According to them the stuff is a real difference maker. I do agree that the largest difference realized will naturally be in larger kites, however, if it enables a continuum of downsizing then fun factor is consistently increased per wind speed. Win/win....
Juanjus

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:50 pm

An especially small chickenlopp for children.
Gautiou

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:05 pm

and when can we see an Element 7 ?
Kent

Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:00 pm

As per my post above, I have been patiently waiting for a Switch Wing, I hear they are in the pipeline so that is great.
As someone that has spent the last year SUP Foiling in both the surf and downwind (and that's where I think they will be most effective), I'd like to offer my services if you want someone else to do some testing and get some footage :D

What do you reckon Felix?
I will be downwind foiling with a wing this season one way or another, I'd love for it to be on a Switch.
Last edited by Kent on Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perth, Western Australia
Damian

Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:19 pm

7m nitro