WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE FROM SWITCH IN THE FUTURE

General Discussions
dtmt

Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:44 pm

GWS wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:39 am
I would like a high aspect, high performance, go fast, big boosting kite. Presumably that would be a new Nitro.

I am very happy with my Elements (4 and 5) and my Heliums. I feel that when blasting upwind on my foil I reach terminal velocity and can't go any faster. My kite mate has the same gear but higher aspect kites and is generally a touch faster than me. I am hoping a higher aspect kite would give me that extra bit of speed.

I don't want to race or buy foil kites or anything like that. I just want to feel the maximum exhilaration when blasting flat out upwind on my foil.
Agreed. I liked the Nitro5 (didn't try the 6) ok but just wasn't exciting until really lit. I know the 6's lost weight but I think - if anything - a LIGHT WEIGHT, high aspect, turbo-boosting, elevator riding, glide inspired, 14M Nitro would be a great snowkite. I've used my HE3 14M some & it's fun but doesn't quite deliver the hang time & floaty/glidy goodness my Flysurfer Boost 2 delivers. Only thing is - I hate the guy that runs FS USA so I'll never buy another.....also over-engineered with the rear bridles that like to tangle on everything during setup. Most of my snowkiting buddies that enjoy staying aloft in long floaty glides are flying Ozone Edges & love them.....I like them too & have a good dealer & its getting close to replacement time on my Boost 2 ..... so ....... should I wait or????????
GWS

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:17 am

I like the look of the Edges, and for a while they were the kite of choice for foilers where I am. The race foilers have all moved to foil kites and the rest of us are on surf kites.

The big problem I have with Ozone and other premium brands is that they are so expensive. A friend of a friend turned up at our beach with his new Cabrinha Switchblade 12m. AUD$2700 for a kite and bar. A Helium 3 12m and bar is less than half the price. The Cabrinha bar is far superior to the Switch, but the kite is not a lot different.

That is the real problem with using Switch kites. Once you've bought a few it's hard to seriously consider any other brand.
Eugene

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:57 pm

I know the new bar doesn't have it I think but nevertheless. Maybe it is possible to have seeing-through floaters since people make sometimes mistakes, so you can check on the water on which settings your gear is for example. Maybe something to think about for other/future bars, I don't know how click bars work exactly but maybe that bar has something similar already.
Kites: Nitro V6 10m, Element V3 9m & Legacy v2 9m
Bar: 2x Controller3
Boards: Twintip MJ Comp V2 140x43
Gautiou

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:44 pm

I wish I could find a kite that boost high in jumps with a good hangtime and with the ability for waveriding , like the Naish Pivot.
Faxie

Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:58 pm

Gautiou wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:44 pm
I wish I could find a kite that boost high in jumps with a good hangtime and with the ability for waveriding , like the Naish Pivot.
Element 6? They are similar I believe.
matrium00

Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:58 pm

What would interest me the most is what you guys have in the pipeline for now? Any news on the mono-strut or something else?
GWS

Thu May 09, 2019 6:13 am

A couple of things on my micro-wishlist.

Kites need to have black or dark grey leading edges for the full length. The yellow leading edge on my Helium 3 gets dirty and some of the dirt marks cannot be cleaned off.

I quite like the old black kites with the coloured tips. I like black kites with coloured highlights. My Element 4 has a single coloured tip. It would be good to have a kite with coloured tips that match the colours of the pigtails so it is easier to know which line to pull to relaunch.

I often carry my kite using the pump leash loop. It would be good to have a bigger loop so I can get 2-3 fingers into it. Carrying it on one finger can cause a bit of strain on that finger. Carrying be the leading edge often doesn't work in gusty or light winds. Even better is being able to carry the kite in the breeze using the bridles. That works ok for the Helium 3. Not so good for the Element 5 or 6.

The Controller 4 is ok. I stopped using it because a Cabrinha Trimlite bar is so much nicer and not much more expensive when bought on sale. It would be good to see a Controller 5 with the depower and safety fully enclosed in a double chamber PU tube with a stainless steel cleat.
Dwight

Sat May 11, 2019 12:12 am

A kite wing, wing surfer, wind weapon, or whatever you want to call it.
Eugene

Sat May 11, 2019 5:17 am

GWS wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:13 am
A couple of things on my micro-wishlist.

Kites need to have black or dark grey leading edges for the full length. The yellow leading edge on my Helium 3 gets dirty and some of the dirt marks cannot be cleaned off.
Only kite I know of are the Cores you either choose white or black. And there is RRD and maybe more. But you probably don't want that.
I quite like the old black kites with the coloured tips. I like black kites with coloured highlights. My Element 4 has a single coloured tip. It would be good to have a kite with coloured tips that match the colours of the pigtails so it is easier to know which line to pull to relaunch.
Don't know about this.
I often carry my kite using the pump leash loop. It would be good to have a bigger loop so I can get 2-3 fingers into it. Carrying it on one finger can cause a bit of strain on that finger. Carrying be the leading edge often doesn't work in gusty or light winds. Even better is being able to carry the kite in the breeze using the bridles. That works ok for the Helium 3. Not so good for the Element 5 or 6.
Just attach your leash to it and hold the leash.
The Controller 4 is ok. I stopped using it because a Cabrinha Trimlite bar is so much nicer and not much more expensive when bought on sale. It would be good to see a Controller 5 with the depower and safety fully enclosed in a double chamber PU tube with a stainless steel cleat.
Don't count on it that it comes out quickly.
Kites: Nitro V6 10m, Element V3 9m & Legacy v2 9m
Bar: 2x Controller3
Boards: Twintip MJ Comp V2 140x43
adesmedt

Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:23 am

Solid but light weight construction sur boards ! :)
Both normal shape and noseless