Open-C like Shape, the Element? or Combat ?

General Discussions
fantasio

Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:57 pm

Hi,

i need a new 10m Kite, my Range is usually 7-10-13. Currently i am using 2011 Ozone C4 Kites but the 10m needed a *lot* of repairs. Now i want to look for a new kite. Is there an Open-C shape available?
Which one would you recommend if you like the Slingshot RPM very much? Since i am used to C-Kites, too (the Torch), the Combat might be an option. Then i could change the range to 7-9-11-13.
For the riding style i want to have comfort (a good freerider), depower but doing Raleys and the first -to blind, surface-pass things. I usually do not jump too much.
A 10m RPM would be the Choice, if not a Switchkite.

Thanks in advance, i couldn't find any topic with "Open-C".
Andreas
Yeroglyf

Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:37 pm

Element was made for you ;)
Naish torch 7/9/12 Slingshot fuel 13
Board: Cab xcaliber
Previously: Combat2 7m/9m/11m Combat 7/13m
Element2 13m/9m/7m, Element1 9m
Whopper

Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:23 pm

The C4, although it has a tiny bridle, would translate to the Combat. The RPM, a good allrounder in an open-c package, as already mentioned would translate to the Element. It works great for unhooked and also for waves, if you are strictly into wakestyle though the Combat could be an option.

When it is windier I ride waves most of the time and therefore prefer the Element, but when it is not that windy I do wakestyle and unhooked and therefore prefer the Combat.

So a quiver of Elements in the smallers sizes and Combats in the bigger is not a bad idea at all.
Andreas Wuopio, Sweden - Combat V2 11 m, Element V2 9 m
http://andreaswuopio.wordpress.com/
Faxie

Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:41 pm

RPM behaves different than the Element with steering input. Reaction time is faster, but turning is slower. for the rest they are aimed on the same kind of riders.

I like the Element better. RPM tends to fall back in the window a lot with agressive input.
kite*hawk

Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:55 pm

Element fo sho
Team Rider -Brand Ambassador-Todd Robinson
Current Quiver-7,9 V4 Heliums 12M Nano
Exile Domke Double Dagger Carbon Pro Model
Tomo Sci fi 5-8"
Firewire Hellfire 5-6" custom snub nose
6m Surf Wing
ales.rogelj

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:36 pm

I have Ozon 11 C4 before. Now I have Element V2. Take Element. Simular shape, better dipover, better re-launch, better matirials and quality, others caracteristics simular and much better price!!!! :lol:
Ales Rogelj, Slovenija
Element V2 9, 11, 13 Nitro V2 14, Nitro V3 16,
Jan:)

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:13 am

Get the 11m Combat, its the perfect kite ;)
After you try it, you can decide which direction you want to go for the rest of your setup.

For smaller Kites I can see why some people want a more freeride oriented kite for boosting etc.
But in the windrage you use the 11m, you absolutely cannot go wrong with the Combat.
Juanjus

Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:55 pm

I rode C4. And for over a year I have passed Element.
It has been a great success.
kite*hawk

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:04 pm

Hey Fantasio. Let me break down these two kites for you as I have rode them both. Also I know deciding on a kite to buy can be a grueling decision(especially between 2 awesome kites).
From what you described in your post I would suggest the Element. It is very much like the RPM except it excels where the RPM lacks. Better low end, sits deeper in window, doesn't fall out of the sky, and rockets up wind. Not to mention it also surfs great if you ever give that a go.But I dont know you and maybe you are a hard core wake dude.
The Combat is a competition level C kite. I was designed for marc jacobs to enable him to nail wakestyle tricks. For this there is no better kite. As far a C kites go it is somewhat forgiving. Also it rockets up wind like a bow kite.
So here is what you need to ask yourself. Are you looking for a kite to freeride/wakestyle with that is kind and forgiving? Element. Or are you a wakestlye junkie who lives every waking moment thinking of the next wake trick your gonna nail next time out? Combat.

The element is a open c design that you can ride in all conditions.
The combat is a c kite built for a pro that will take you to the next level in your wakestyle riding.

Both are great just different tools for different jobs...
Hope this helps :roll: :lol:
Team Rider -Brand Ambassador-Todd Robinson
Current Quiver-7,9 V4 Heliums 12M Nano
Exile Domke Double Dagger Carbon Pro Model
Tomo Sci fi 5-8"
Firewire Hellfire 5-6" custom snub nose
6m Surf Wing
queneseb

Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:42 pm

ELEMENTv2 for sure !
My Referral Code: 100485
(Use my Code 100485 when Sign up or Buying on switchkites.com and obtain benefits, Rewards + Naked women !!)