Element v2 9m Review

General Discussions
Switch Design

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:20 pm

Hi Faxie:
Element2 de-powers more and with a shorter bar throw than EV1 due to the fixed bridles. Once the rear lines go slack there is no more use-able de-power available. Anything more compromises the turning since you have to pull out the slack on a steering line before the input to the kite is realized. Felix is suggesting you tune the kite so max de-power is arrived at your arm's max length with the rear lines just going slack. At that point, you will still have decent steering with full de-power.
Cheers!
Faxie

Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:23 pm

Switch Design wrote:Hi Faxie:
Element2 de-powers more and with a shorter bar throw than EV1 due to the fixed bridles. Once the rear lines go slack there is no more use-able de-power available. Anything more compromises the turning since you have to pull out the slack on a steering line before the input to the kite is realized. Felix is suggesting you tune the kite so max de-power is arrived at your arm's max length with the rear lines just going slack. At that point, you will still have decent steering with full de-power.
Cheers!
Yeah I know that. But the wind was just a bit too strong for that. Could've used the shorter front line knot as well.

I assume the range limit is for flat water? 33 Knots for an average rider is too much on choppy/wavy water while maintaining turning speed.

Ah well, getting a 7m as well for the 30+ days :mrgreen:
felix

Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi Faxie,
To me this indicates a time to move down a size.
The Charts are just a indication.
I weigh 70kg and can handle the 9m in 30 knots on a surfboard Jumping to the moon. The Kites awesome . This is the max for me and this is around the time for me to go to a 7m.
Maybe even time for a 5m depending on what you want to do with it.
Felix
Faxie

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:48 pm

felix wrote:Hi Faxie,
To me this indicates a time to move down a size.
The Charts are just a indication.
I weigh 70kg and can handle the 9m in 30 knots on a surfboard Jumping to the moon. The Kites awesome . This is the max for me and this is around the time for me to go to a 7m.
Maybe even time for a 5m depending on what you want to do with it.
Felix
Well there seems to be enough overlap between the 9 and 5, but I think the 5 would be too fast for me. I'm not planning to kite in 40 knots :mrgreen:
felix

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:16 pm

The 5m is not a bumble bee on cracked up honey.
Its a perfect speed for a 5m.

But to me it sounds like you need a 7m Faxie.
Regards
Felix
Faxie

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:49 pm

Yeah I think so too. Or a 15... not sure yet...
Juanjus

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:19 am

Coyote wrote:This week probably I'm going to Test ElementV2 09m. from one Switch Rider(juanjus),he ordered it last week and if arrives this week I'll Compare it with my NitrosV2 and I'll write a review with the differents behaviors....
Already it is here, Coyote.
Juanjus

Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:48 am

Yesterday I received my new kite. A Switch Element Kites v2.
Already I have from a few months ago v1 11m element with which I'm very happy.
The first thing you notice is its finish while several users of other brands kiters have been impressed. The Backpack is perfect and the new bar compartment is in my opinion better to be completely separate from the kite.
I did not need to make any adjustments to the configuration of the kite, just choose the favorite bar hardness, swell and surf.
Obviously there are still two different measures differences in sensation and speed of kites. However I must point out two issues in my new 9m: Great low end and more progressive dpower.
With just 13/14 knots and getting upwind thanks to its high speed and when the gust of wind came his perfectly absorbs dpower.
The forecast wind strength give more today so hopefully I can try this kite more intensely.

More in my new blog: http://kitesurfasturias.blogspot.com.es/

See you soon in Asturias
Coyote

Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:54 pm

Switch Power Juanjus!!!...today the Asturias Sky will be only of Switch...!! :twisted: :twisted:
SWITCH TEAM
Referral Code: 303688
(Introduce The Referral Code 303688 when Sign up or Buying on switchkites.com and obtain Benefits and Rewards!)
Marco

Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:39 am

Can't wait to try my 11m!!!